Author Topic: BATTY, COLE, GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, LEE, PENNY,  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK

Researching the above - PENNY and BATTY in Auckland area, the rest in South Island esp. Nelson & Murchison.

All contacts welcome!

Cheers

Karen.
 :D
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline grahamradioman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BATTY, COLE, GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, LEE, PENNY,
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 October 07 23:51 BST (UK) »
hello
        Where did your Gibbins originate from?  My great granddad John Dennis Gibbins was born in Hallerton ,Leicestershire in 1849. He married Eliza Warner and they had 11 children , my Gran Ellen was born in 1885 (d1952)and she married Thomas Kidger in 1917, My mum Caroline( known as Cath)  is 89 and in the middle stages of Alzheimer's   but reminisces about her mums family and has told us that a lot of them emigrated . would any of this fit with your Gibbins?
                                                             Regards Graham Jennings
Jennings,kidger,gibbins,baggot,masters,warner,

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 October 07 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your interest. Before coming to NZ, my GIBBINS family were in Northamptonshire.

The earliest I've got is James b. abt 1785, he married Joyce GIBBS in 1806 in Preston Capes. Their son Vincent came to NZ in 1856 after marrying Phoebe WARD in 1848 in Oxfordshire.

I couldn't see a connection between our GIBBINS but I'll keep my eyes open!

Cheers

Karen.
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline grahamradioman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 October 07 21:27 BST (UK) »
hello Karen
                 Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The village of Hallaton where John Dennis Gibbins was born is south of Leicester  and is much nearer to the Northhamptonshire border than it is to Leicester and there are lots of Gibbins in the graveyard of Hallaton and those of the surrounding villages,On Genes Reunited there is a Granville Gibbins   ( what a brilliant name)who is a vicar and has infomation tracing  the gibbins back to the 15  century and suggests they may have come from Lincolnshire.     
                                   Regards    Graham

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 August 17 15:27 BST (UK) »
Obviously very late to the party and I hope this reaches the 2.

Going by a few names kazza has I can say we are related. I would also say graham and I share some dna as well. Though my Gibbins come from Hallaton and were the subject of a thread , ironically, called The Elusive Gibbins of Leicestershire.

There is a connection to the Ward family marrying in and out of the Gibbins family. Also the Cole name is the name of my GGGGgrandmother Selina Cole from Northamptonshire.

Hopefully this finds both Kazza and Graham

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline grahamradioman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 August 17 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hello David
                Not too late to the party, although all the good booze has gone and the Vol-au-vents are a bit stale. We might indeed share DNA, John Dennis Gibbins my Great Grandfather was born in Hallaton Leics, his father, however, William was born in Medbourne .Are you on Ancestry? You are welcome to view my tree, Send me a request on ancestry and I will add you as a guest. My user name is grahamradioman
 Regards Graham