Author Topic: Folkes / Lynch family  (Read 10248 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Folkes / Lynch family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 July 13 00:34 BST (UK) »

kathleen has been on some of her kids birth records.

Hi Leanne,

Are you referring to the actual record, or only to the database entry you have perhaps found online at a commercial website....   It is a NO NO at RChat to copy paste from those databases (reply # 15 or thereabouts).  If you have the actual record then perhaps you could type up your own transcription of the actual record so we can all help you further.    I have many offline NSW resources and there's many other RChatters who can also look up their offline resources too.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 July 13 01:03 BST (UK) »

Hi Leanne,

Are you referring to the actual record, or only to the database entry you have perhaps found online at a commercial website....   It is a NO NO at RChat to copy paste from those databases (reply # 15 or thereabouts).  If you have the actual record then perhaps you could type up your own transcription of the actual record so we can all help you further.    I have many offline NSW resources and there's many other RChatters who can also look up their offline resources too.

Cheers,  JM

On her marriage index at NSW BDM, can we copy and paste that info ?
Researching Whitby from England & Australia, Taylor from Scotland & Australia, Norman/Normand from France & Australia. Other last names in my tree Raeburn, Appleby, Ingram, Lynch, Hayes, Baker, Ketley, Newman, Dobson, Holdsworth, Summerill, Summerell.

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 July 13 01:24 BST (UK) »

Oops sorry I meant her name is Kathleen on her marriage Index
Researching Whitby from England & Australia, Taylor from Scotland & Australia, Norman/Normand from France & Australia. Other last names in my tree Raeburn, Appleby, Ingram, Lynch, Hayes, Baker, Ketley, Newman, Dobson, Holdsworth, Summerill, Summerell.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 July 13 06:53 BST (UK) »

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 July 13 08:22 BST (UK) »
Deaths & notices:

John Gordon FOLKES d. 7 JUN 2013, 81yrs late of Kiama Downs
Illawarra Mercury 11 JUN 2013
Sydney Morning Herald 12 JUN 2013   

http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=john-folkes&pid=165272512

Delma Joy FOLKES d. 22 FEB 1996, 61yrs late of Kiama Downs, formerly of Milperra   
Illawarra Mercury 24 FEB 1996   
Daily Telegraph (Sydney) 24 FEB 1996   

Marriage:
FOLKES John Gordon m. THOMAS Delma Joy 1955 SYDNEY #539

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 July 13 10:11 BST (UK) »
Deaths & notices:

FOLKES John Francis d. 15 AUG 1987 82yrs,late of Culburra, formerly of Rockdale
Sydney Morning Herald   17 AUG 1987   

FOLKES Vivannah Mercia d. 9 OCT 1988 74yrs, late of Culburra, formerly of Rockdale   
Moruya Examiner   14 OCT 1988   
Sydney Morning Herald 12 OCT 1988   

They are buried together at SHOALHAVEN Lawn Cemetery:
Segment 1, ROW/SECTION C, no. 6  Interment 1 & 2
http://shoalhaven.public-cemeteries.net/index.php/help-a-information/search-registers

Marriage:
FOLKES John F m. PRESTON Vivannah M 1931 SYDNEY #11670

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 July 13 10:37 BST (UK) »
If you refer to information above in reply #17 of Margaret Geraldine PRESTON nee LYNCH you will find that the FOLKES/LYNCH connection you were looking for is via the people I have posted the details about in my replies 21, 22 & 23.

1. Daughter of Margaret Geraldine PRESTON (nee LYNCH) is Vivannah Mercia FOLKES (nee PRESTON)
2. Son of Vivannah Mercia FOLKES (nee PRESTON) is John Gordon FOLKES
3. John Gordon FOLKES was the father-in-law of Karen Therese FOLKES (nee MOORE)

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 08 July 13 10:50 BST (UK) »
If you refer to information above in reply #17 of Margaret Geraldine PRESTON nee LYNCH you will find that the FOLKES/LYNCH connection you were looking for is via the people I have posted the details about in my replies 21, 22 & 23.

1. Daughter of Margaret Geraldine PRESTON (nee LYNCH) is Vivannah Mercia FOLKES (nee PRESTON)
2. Son of Vivannah Mercia FOLKES (nee PRESTON) is John Gordon FOLKES
3. John Gordon FOLKES was the father-in-law of Karen Therese FOLKES (nee MOORE)

Margaret Geraldine PRESTON (nee LYNCH) Is she the sister of Kathleen/Catherine and James Lynch ?
Sorry just going through all the info now and writing it all down

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 08 July 13 11:04 BST (UK) »
I decided to check the BDM

James and Catherine did have a sister named Margaret

Thank you so much for all your help :)