Author Topic: Buriel Location of Donald Alfred Folkard. Died at Nymagee. N.S.W.  (Read 5535 times)

Offline Donwarren

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Buriel Location of Donald Alfred Folkard. Died at Nymagee. N.S.W.
« on: Tuesday 09 July 13 12:57 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to locate the gravesite of my father. Donald Alfred Folkard who burnt to death in December 1951, at Nymagee N.S.W. I have his death certificate details, but nothing else.  He was 24 years of age.
Registration # 6825/1952.
Given Name : Donald Alfred Folkard.
Father's Name : William Hope Folkard.
Mother's Name : Wealthy Daisy
District : Lake Cargelligo

We would be most grateful, if some how RootsChat can help shed some light on his gravesite.
Thank you.....Don

Offline simonhutch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Buriel Location of Donald Alfred Folkard. Died at Nymagee. N.S.W.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 August 13 23:46 BST (UK) »
You might try australiancemeteries.com, i've traced traced several ancestors graves through them.
It could be at Lake Cargelligo cemetery:
http://www.australiancemeteries.com/nsw/nsw3.htm#anchor128858
Whiting - Suffolk, Cowell - Cambridgeshire, Hutchison and Laidlaw - Berwickshire, Gay and Goldsmith - Gloucestershire and East Sussex, Murray - Kirkcudbrightshire.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 August 13 00:02 BST (UK) »
An Official Transcription of that NSW death cert will provide details from the funeral director as to which cemetery/crematorium.  I notice you have the index details for the death registration.  The referece no. is for NSWBDM.  They have appointed several Official Transcribers. 

Welcome to Rootschat.  There is a board dedicated to Australia. Lots of helpers there.

Cheers JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline WayneScott1955

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 09:50 GMT (UK) »
High there Don, my name is Wayne Scott and I am new to this whole genealogy thing but I came across your 2013 post re Donald Alfred Folkard's burial location.
I am wondering if you found the info you needed?
It would appear that Donald was my mother's brother. Her name was Joyce Folkard and I am trying to compile as much information about her as possible.
These things I know. She was married to my father Samuel Garnett Scott in Hillston in 1944, they divorced in the mid 50's after an abusive marriage. I heard a rumour that Samuel's sister may have actually been married to your father?
My mum's sister Betty is still alive and living in Forbes NSW and I have been in contact with Betty's daughter and she is going to fill me in when I do a road trip down that way in the next month or so.
I can find quite a bit on the Canacott side (her mother) but as yet haven't started her father's side (William Hope Folkard)
I would be very keen to know if my mum had any other brothers and sisters other than your father and Betty. I believe they may have had a brother Allan who was killed in WW2?
Any help would be great.
By the way, which part of Australia do you live? I am in Ipswich Qld
Thanks
Wayne

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wayne

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

According to his profile, Don posted and hasn't been back since.

He would have received a notification that Simon had replied, but since he didn't reply and his profile is set for 'Instant notifications but only for the first unread reply' he won't receive more.

Added to that his post count is set at 1, so he won't be able to use the personal message system.

I will try and send a message to him but as it stands, it's not looking hopeful, but fingers crossed.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline ian2309

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 March 16 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Wayne - I was very interested in your post about the Folkards.  I am also researching this, and would like to share information with you, if you are willing.  My maternal grandfather was William George Canacott (1865-1932), a younger brother of John Canacott (1856-1913) whose daughter Wealthy Daisy Canacott (your grandmother, I believe) was my 1st cousin 1x removed, and possibly the first Canacott to set foot in Australia. Your mother Joyce was therefore my 2nd cousin, which makes us 2nd cousins 1x removed.

To answer the question you asked, your mother had four brothers and one sister, but as your post was over a year ago, you probably know that by now!

Ian Brown

Offline JeanSearch

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 January 20 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm Jean Campbell. The relative (2nd cousin 1x removed) of Catherine Beryl Scott the wife of Donald Alfred Folkard. I do a lot of ancestry and saw your post. I know that Donald Alfred Folkard's body was taken to Forbes and burial was in the Church of England section of the local cemetery. Which I'm guessing is obviously Forbes Cemetery. Unless their is more than one local cemetery in the area, which can happen. The Rev Canon performed the rites by his graveside.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 January 20 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm Jean Campbell. The relative (2nd cousin 1x removed) of Catherine Beryl Scott the wife of Donald Alfred Folkard. I do a lot of ancestry and saw your post. I know that Donald Alfred Folkard's body was taken to Forbes and burial was in the Church of England section of the local cemetery. Which I'm guessing is obviously Forbes Cemetery. Unless their is more than one local cemetery in the area, which can happen. The Rev Canon performed the rites by his graveside.

Hi Jean,  welcome to RootsChat, great place for family history online  :)

Here's one of the cuttings about the burial, it also includes some family history info and we learn also that he died on Christmas Day, 1951. 
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/219129985 Forbes Advocate 1 Jan 1952.

Mr. Donald Alfred Folkard, 24 years old son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Folkard, of Forbes, met his
death in a burning accident at a sawmill at Nymagee on the morning of Christmas Day. Deceased
leaves a widow and two young children.
The body was brought to Forbes and interred in the Church of England portion of the local ceme-
tery last Friday morning, Rev.Canon White performing the last sad rites at the graveside.
Mr. A. G. Jones conducted .. the .. funeral.

:'(
JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

Donald’s folks are at Forbes Cemetery, also: https://austcemindex.com/?cemetery=Forbes&page=4

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams