Author Topic: Clyde Cottage, Dunoon, Scotland  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Cluaran2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clyde Cottage, Dunoon, Scotland
« on: Tuesday 09 July 13 22:54 BST (UK) »
Looking for anyone who lived in Clyde Cottage Children's Home in the early 70's. I believe the Matron at that time was Ms. Drysdale. Thank you!

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Clyde Cottage, Dunoon, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 09:57 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

RootsChat is a forum for discussing family history, normally long since passed on. We do not discuss personal details of living folk. Maybe someone will have some ideas on where to try?

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RITCHLADY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 June 15 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hi I was in Clyde cottage at the same time and so were my sisters (yes Jessie dryas dale was the matron at the time )
From Maggie x

Offline RITCHLADY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 June 15 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi I was in Clyde cottage at the same time and so were my sisters (yes Jessie drysdale was the matron at the time ) and Sarah Stevenson worked there too and do you remember mr dunlop
From Maggie x

Offline Cluaran2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 June 15 17:13 BST (UK) »
I remember Sarah, she was so sweet. Did you go on the trip when she passed her driving test and we all sang Congratulations and Jubilations to her? I think we were at some camp site and were watching sheep being sheared. Sarah also took us to the movies on that trip to see Ann of a Thousand Days, loved it! I remember going to see Mr. Dunlop and playing (thumping) his piano. The man must have had the patience of a saint! Do you remember the pretty red-haired nurse that lived down the street? Carol McCartney and I would get up early and start the porridge! Nice to hear from you...I shared the bedroom with Margaret Barnes, Carol McCartney, and a couple of others.

Offline RITCHLADY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 June 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I was in Clyde cottage at the same time and so were my sisters (yes Jessie dryas dale was the matron at the time )
From Maggie x
yes
I remember Sarah, she was so sweet. Did you go on the trip when she passed her driving test and we all sang Congratulations and Jubilations to her? I think we were at some camp site and were watching sheep being sheared. Sarah also took us to the movies on that trip to see Ann of a Thousand Days, loved it! I remember going to see Mr. Dunlop and playing (thumping) his piano. The man must have had the patience of a saint! Do you remember the pretty red-haired nurse that lived down the street? Carol McCartney and I would get up early and start the porridge! Nice to hear from you...I shared the bedroom with Margaret Barnes, Carol McCartney, and a couple of others.

Offline RITCHLADY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 June 15 17:56 BST (UK) »
yes I remember that trip very well and I remember carol McCartney and Margaret Barnes do you remember the chesneys who was in Clyde cottage

Offline Cluaran2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 June 15 19:46 BST (UK) »
The name sounds familiar, time has a way of erasing some faces unfortunately. Just remembered another girl, Margaret Longstaff. She hung out with a girl named Ann but don't remember her surname. For some odd reason I don't remember when I left Clyde Cottage or even why! I really liked living there. Did you go to the Americans house where the lady was teaching us about the birds and bees? Still remember how embarrassed I was! There was two wee boys in the wee bedroom across from mine, they looked to be about 4 and were mothered by all of us. I also remember Mrs. Drysdale had a boyfriend that was a police officer, he would stop by and go into her room down by the front door. My first job was at the Rock Cafe down by the pier, do you remember it? I live in the States now.

Offline RITCHLADY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 June 15 22:27 BST (UK) »
Yes I remember Margaret longstaffe and ann devoy very well
My sisters were
Annette Chesney
Janet Chesney (who was Jessie drysdales favourite )
Marie Chesney
Jane Chesney
Isobel Chesney
And (me)Margaret Chesney
Are you on Facebook if you are look me up my name is Margaret Paton I have a blue t-shirt and a red cowboy hat on
Bye for now x