Author Topic: Tasmania queries...  (Read 14002 times)

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmania queries...
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 11 July 13 05:40 BST (UK) »
Birth:

DICK Mary Ann b. 26/07/1864 DELORAINE #317/1864 RGD 33
Father: Robert
Mother: Marianne AITKIN

You can search the images of the TAS registers as I have given you the reference numbers:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0v9m/

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 11 July 13 07:48 BST (UK) »
Merlon,
the Url given will keep me busy.
A late night is in order so as I can browse though all those images looking for names of loved ones.
Thanks ever so much, Denise.
My residence is Melbourne, Victoria and I am researching...   Adams - Begnone - Broughan - Cook - Drew - Gager - Gardiner - Harris - Hodder - Hunt - Kennedy - McDonald - McInerney - McTaggart - Moiler - Neighbour - Quinn - Quinlan - Scilla - Scriven - Shepherd - Tourney - Whittle

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 11 July 13 10:09 BST (UK) »
Albert Henry BERRY is the son of Joseph Berry and Sarah Ann Frances WRIGHT.  His Birth 1864 Tasmania. His Death and Burial place unknown? He married Mary Ann Dick 20.07.1892 Mersey Tasmania. Her Birth, Death and Burial place unknown?

You won't find Albert, Mary Ann & their daughter's deaths & burials in TAS. They went across the ditch to NZ:

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Home/

Deaths NZ:
BERRY Albert Henry age 76yrs d. 1941 #18742
BERRY Mary Ann age 73yrs d. 1937 #17286
AULD Ina Marion b. 13 May 1893 d. 1980 #47056
BERRY Eleanor Emma age 73yrs d. 1968 #33046

Marriage NZ:
BERRY Ina Marion m. AULD William Robert 1922 #7018

Births in TAS in case you don't have them:
BERRY Ina Marion b. 13/05/1893 ULVERSTONE #2907/1893 RGD 33
BERRY Eleanor Emma b.08/01/1895 ULVERSTONE #2680/1895 RGD 33
Parents:Albert Henry BERRY & Mary Ann DICK

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 11 July 13 10:24 BST (UK) »

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 11 July 13 10:50 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness! This is fantasic news Merlon. As previously mentioned I've searched and searched for and in particular my direct ancestor Albert Henry BERRY's death details but to no avail. No articles in TROVE nor many other search engines during the past few months if not longer of which I've exhausted, hence here I sit amazed and thrilled to have notification that he and his family moved to New Zealand...who would have thought...one does need to look outside the square, so you have taught me a valuable lesson here Merlon. Many, many thanks as I sit here smiling brightly and ever so happy!!!  ;D
My residence is Melbourne, Victoria and I am researching...   Adams - Begnone - Broughan - Cook - Drew - Gager - Gardiner - Harris - Hodder - Hunt - Kennedy - McDonald - McInerney - McTaggart - Moiler - Neighbour - Quinn - Quinlan - Scilla - Scriven - Shepherd - Tourney - Whittle

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 11 July 13 11:01 BST (UK) »
If you post a request on the NZ boards they could probably find some more info on them in NZ.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,299.0.html

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 11 July 13 11:06 BST (UK) »
Albert Henry and Mary Ann Berry's actual headstone image from New Zealand displayed here on my computer screen! With a tear in my eye I once again thank you Merlon for your time and effort in tracking down all this so very important information for me. I must away soon to telephone the good news to my family.

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 11 July 13 11:29 BST (UK) »
I've added the various URL's you have so kindly forwarded on to me Merlon to my favourites folder and will without a doubt visit them often. I am now off to make that telephone call to spread the good news in regard to our BERRY family mystery...and I will give credit where credit is due refering to the kindness of you and Roots Chat!  :) Have a lovely evening, Denise.

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 11 July 13 16:11 BST (UK) »
The Will & Probate files of Albert Henry & Mary Ann BERRY are online.
There were other children born in NZ, names are in the files & you can lookup their BDM's on the NZ index.

Albert - 12 pages
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0va9/

Mary - 10 pages
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0vaa/