Author Topic: Tasmania queries...  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmania queries...
« Reply #36 on: Friday 12 July 13 00:21 BST (UK) »
Firstly ~MERLIN~ I do apologise for incorrectly refering to you as MERLON. Another fabulous find, thankyou! I've saved their WILL images and added them to the appropriate folder of which was once empty but now filling rapidly with relevant information I was once hoping to find. The mystery surrounding Albert Henry Berry is slowly coming together and I thank for you that. I must now process then document in order all that I have here and what a pleasure that will be. Best wishes, Denise.
My residence is Melbourne, Victoria and I am researching...   Adams - Begnone - Broughan - Cook - Drew - Gager - Gardiner - Harris - Hodder - Hunt - Kennedy - McDonald - McInerney - McTaggart - Moiler - Neighbour - Quinn - Quinlan - Scilla - Scriven - Shepherd - Tourney - Whittle

Offline dicey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 23 February 17 05:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am looking to find details for the following family members please.
Birth and or Death date confirmation...TROVE articles...Cemetery locations. I've searched various avenues over the months but to no avail.
Any help would be so very much appreciated. Best wishes, Denise.

George Joseph BERRY is the son of Joseph Berry and Sarah Ann Frances WRIGHT. His Birth 25.11.1858 Port Sorell Tasmania. Death 28.03.1923? Burial place unknown? He married Mary Ann Granger 23.04.1881 Ulverstone Tasmania. Her Birth, Death and Burial place unknown?

Albert Henry BERRY is the son of Joseph Berry and Sarah Ann Frances WRIGHT.  His Birth 1864 Tasmania. His Death and Burial place unknown? He married Mary Ann Dick 20.07.1892 Mersey Tasmania. Her Birth, Death and Burial place unknown?

James NEIGHBOUR is the son of William NEIGHBOUR and Ann ADAMS. Birth 07.02.1853 Campbelltown Tasmania. Death 1917 Campbelltown Tasmania? Burial place unknown? He married Unknown?

Sarah Arnott nee ACKLIN Birth unknown? Death 1878 Port Sorell Tasmania? Burial Place unknown? She married Robert ARNOTT 1877 Tasmania. His Birth unknown? Death 1897 Sheffield Tasmania? Burial Place unknown?

Henry ACKLING / HACKLING / ACKLIN was a Convict and transported to Tasmania at the age of 18 on 29.01.1834 via Voyage Ship "MOFFATT". His 1st marriage was to M WATTS in 1846 Tasmania. His 2nd Marriage was to Margaret PEGLER nee MAHONEY in 1855 Tasmania of whom went on to marry a William MORRIS in 1859 Tasmania. We have no idea the date of Death or where he Died??? He did however, make voyages to Melbourne from Launceston on 02.01.1852 via "HALCYON" & 23.07.1852 via "SHAMROCK" meaning he may very well have left Tasmania??
Hello Denise
My name is Dianne and  Joseph Berry is my Great, Great Grandfather and of course George Joseph Berry is my Great Grandfather. I have lots of info on the generations before and after these which I am happy to pass on. George Berry is buried in Queenborough Cemetery in Hobart. This cemetery no longer exists and has been developed as a football ground. As far as we can find out his headstone or grave was never relocated.
As for Mary Ann Berry she is buried in the Ulverstone general cemetery. We visited the cemetery but could not locate the grave. She was born in Franklin, Tasmania on 11-11-1858 and died 15-8-1914.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards Dianne

Offline NickyDunedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 23 March 17 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am looking to find details for the following family members please.
Birth and or Death date confirmation...TROVE articles...Cemetery locations. I've searched various avenues over the months but to no avail.
Any help would be so very much appreciated. Best wishes, Denise.

George Joseph BERRY is the son of Joseph Berry and Sarah Ann Frances WRIGHT. His Birth 25.11.1858 Port Sorell Tasmania. Death 28.03.1923? Burial place unknown? He married Mary Ann Granger 23.04.1881 Ulverstone Tasmania. Her Birth, Death and Burial place unknown?

Albert Henry BERRY is the son of Joseph Berry and Sarah Ann Frances WRIGHT.  His Birth 1864 Tasmania. His Death and Burial place unknown? He married Mary Ann Dick 20.07.1892 Mersey Tasmania. Her Birth, Death and Burial place unknown?

James NEIGHBOUR is the son of William NEIGHBOUR and Ann ADAMS. Birth 07.02.1853 Campbelltown Tasmania. Death 1917 Campbelltown Tasmania? Burial place unknown? He married Unknown?

Sarah Arnott nee ACKLIN Birth unknown? Death 1878 Port Sorell Tasmania? Burial Place unknown? She married Robert ARNOTT 1877 Tasmania. His Birth unknown? Death 1897 Sheffield Tasmania? Burial Place unknown?

Henry ACKLING / HACKLING / ACKLIN was a Convict and transported to Tasmania at the age of 18 on 29.01.1834 via Voyage Ship "MOFFATT". His 1st marriage was to M WATTS in 1846 Tasmania. His 2nd Marriage was to Margaret PEGLER nee MAHONEY in 1855 Tasmania of whom went on to marry a William MORRIS in 1859 Tasmania. We have no idea the date of Death or where he Died??? He did however, make voyages to Melbourne from Launceston on 02.01.1852 via "HALCYON" & 23.07.1852 via "SHAMROCK" meaning he may very well have left Tasmania??
dear Denise
Albert Henry and Mary Ann Berry are my great grandparents
I am just back from taking their wedding ring to the jewler for a clean and size. so I'm overjoyed to see your post
they emigrated to Timaru in NZ when their daughter - my great aunty Corinita  Lilly  (aunty Netta ) was a small child. I would think they are buried in the Timaru cemetery .unfortunately my mum recently died and I have no one to ask but I know mum did go looking for her grandparents in the Timaru cemetery . my grandma is another daughter Mary Alberta Berry who married James Alfred Elwin Graham. On his death certificate it says Albert Henry Berry was a retired builder. I knew we had family in Tasmania but I didn't know who came from there until I got the ring and got curious
they had 5 daughters but everyone had nick names so I need help with my great aunties
I know nothing about family trees but I beleave the Tasmanian family has been done and they have reunions
I am going to ring the jewlery now and get the wedding date put on the ring
thank you

Offline NickyDunedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 March 17 02:09 GMT (UK) »
Albert Henry, Mary Ann & Eleanor Emma BERRY are buried at Timaru Cemetery, NZ:

http://www.timaru.govt.nz/services/Content/Plots/20032.jpg
http://www.timaru.govt.nz/services/Content/Plots/20032_2.jpg

http://www.timaru.govt.nz/cemetery-database2.html
thank you so much
that's my great aunty Pem who lived with grandma - her sister Mary Alberta  and grandad in Dunedin
my mum is called after her

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 23 March 17 14:30 GMT (UK) »
 :D Welcome to RootsChat  :D

You will find Albert ( a carpenter) and Mary Ann's marriage as well as the birth registrations for two daughters Ina Marion in 1893 and Eleanor Emma in 1895 here:

https://linctas.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/names/?

Links to the documents:

https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD37-1-51p402j2k
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-76p193j2k
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-80p194j2k

These two are probably the only children born in Tasmania as the children registered in NZ are Myra Margaret (1897), Mildred Aitken (1899), Osborne Victor (1901), Coronata Lilly, (1902), and Mary Alberta (1906).  The indexes are online here:

https://bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search

Debra  :)

Offline NickyDunedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 23 March 17 23:12 GMT (UK) »
:D Welcome to RootsChat  :D

You will find Albert ( a carpenter) and Mary Ann's marriage as well as the birth registrations for two daughters Ina Marion in 1893 and Eleanor Emma in 1895 here:

https://linctas.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/names/?

Links to the documents:

https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD37-1-51p402j2k
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-76p193j2k
https://stors.tas.gov.au/RGD33-1-80p194j2k

These two are probably the only children born in Tasmania as the children registered in NZ are Myra Margaret (1897), Mildred Aitken (1899), Osborne Victor (1901), Coronata Lilly, (1902), and Mary Alberta (1906).  The indexes are online here:

https://bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search

thank you Debra
I do remember an uncle Oz now I think of it
you let me know just in time as I'm having saphires added to the wedding band to represent the children
I only knew these people by their nick names
Pem, Netta, Toze ???? I have to work out who is Ena or Mildred
As a small child I went to Aunty Myra's golden wedding anniversary
thank you for your reply

Offline NickyDunedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 23 March 17 23:28 GMT (UK) »
I'm really new and rather hopeless at all this
I'm trying to find info on Aunty Netta - Corinita lilly Berry - she lived in Wellington with her husband
my mum was particularly close to her and I have just inherited her engagement ring after a childhood spent playing with her sparkly costume jewelry. I  definatly remember her as we visited her in Wellington and she visited us one Christmas. I Don't know uncle Horrie ' s name to try to find cemetery records. I live in Wellingtin and would like to upkeep the grave  as they had no children
I've tried online looking at the wellingtin cemetery records but without knowing her married name nothing is working

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 24 March 17 13:44 GMT (UK) »
I can only look at NZ electoral roll indexes, not the actual documents.  Coronata Lily BERRY is at Timaru in 1928, 1935, and 1938.

After that I can see:

Miramar, Wellington

1946  Coramata Lillie DAVIDSON
1954  Coramata Lillie DAVIDSON
1957  Corletta Lillie DAVIDSON
1963  Coranata Lillie DAVIDSON
1969  Coranata Lillie DAVIDSON
1972  Coranata Lilly DAVIDSON

There is also a Horace William DAVIDSON at Miramar in those years.

Last name    DAVIDSON
First name    CORONATA LILLY
Age    76 Years
Deceased date    12/02/1978
Service provided    Cremation
Cremation date    14/02/1978
Cemetery    Crematorium
Record number    44360

Her ashes are in the niche wall at Karori.

Last name    DAVIDSON
Age    76 Years
Service provided    Burial
Burial date    15/02/1978
Funeral director    WILSON
Cemetery    Karori
Section    SOLD NICHE
Plot number    15 DIV M1
Record number    108989

Horace:

Last name    DAVIDSON
First name    HORACE WM
Age    72 Years
Deceased date    06/10/1973
Cremation date    09/10/1973
Cemetery    Crematorium
Record number    37525

His ashes were interred in January the following year.

Last name    DAVIDSON
First name    HORACE WM
Age    72 Years
Burial date    28/01/1974
Cemetery    Karori
Section    SOLD NICHE
Plot number    15 DIV M1
Record number    108988

Offline NickyDunedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 24 March 17 18:47 GMT (UK) »
I can only look at NZ electoral roll indexes, not the actual documents.  Coronata Lily BERRY is at Timaru in 1928, 1935, and 1938.

After that I can see:

Miramar, Wellington

1946  Coramata Lillie DAVIDSON
1954  Coramata Lillie DAVIDSON
1957  Corletta Lillie DAVIDSON
1963  Coranata Lillie DAVIDSON
1969  Coranata Lillie DAVIDSON
1972  Coranata Lilly DAVIDSON

There is also a Horace William DAVIDSON at Miramar in those years.

Last name    DAVIDSON
Age    76 Years
Deceased date    12/02/1978
Cremation date    14/02/1978
Cemetery    Crematorium
Record number    44360

Her ashes are in the niche wall at Karori.

Last name    DAVIDSON
Age    76 Years
Burial date    15/02/1978
Cemetery    Karori
Section    SOLD NICHE
Plot number    15 DIV M1
Record number    108989

Horace:

Last name    DAVIDSON
First name    HORACE WM
Age    72 Years
Deceased date    06/10/1973
Cremation date    09/10/1973
Cemetery    Crematorium
Record number    37525

His ashes were interred in January the following year.

Last name    DAVIDSON
First name    HORACE WM
Age    72 Years
Burial date    28/01/1974
Cemetery    Karori
Section    SOLD NICHE
Plot number    15 DIV M1
Record number    108988

Debra you are amazing !! :D
I spent hours on line but must have been looking in all the wrong places . thank you so much
I didn't even know Uncle Horrie ' s last name