Author Topic: Help with Fidler/Menkins  (Read 6851 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Fidler/Menkins
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 04:18 BST (UK) »
I originally asked for help on the 4th May 1911,
  I think you are doing very well for your age ;D   Sorry Bev I couldn't resist that  ;)

Doris Grace's birth was 5/7/1907 which was a few months before her parent's marriage.

An online subscription website has the birth below [from QLD bdm] as 5 Nov 1907.  Not your Doris Grace.  Have another look at the date that was given to you for your Doris's birth as the day of the month and year is the same.

1907/C10624
HUDSON   Doris   
Father Walter   Mother Margaret WEBB

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 05:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando
Before I had the power failure and had to find my password to come back on site, I had gone to the Queensland BDM's, put the date 5/7/1907 and it came up with the 1952 registration, the name Doris Grace with parents David Bennett Fidler and Grace Hudson.  Have I done something wrong?
Kind regards
Bev
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 09:36 BST (UK) »
I got the same result but as I could not have possibly known the full date I couldn't search using it.  I got the same result however minus the full date.

Cando  :)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kahy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 08:39 BST (UK) »
Doris Grace remarried (I don't know who to) and had a daughter. She left the husband and settled in Wollongong. I'm related through Doris's mother.

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 09:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kathy,
Doesn't help much but at least know I now.  I will just have to go through the states now to try to find out. I'm related on the Fidler's side.
Kind regards
Bev

PS:  welcome to Rootschat.  You will love it.
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria

Offline Rebecca1819

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 May 15 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Bev,
I am the granddaughter of Ronald Henry Fidler and Beth May Penny (Fidler). They had two children together, Ron and Toni (my mother), from what you have written previously, I think you may be their cousin.
Let me know if you would like any further information.

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Rebecca,
I would dearly love to find out everything I can about Ronald Henry Fidler and Beth May Penny.  The only thing I have is their marriage date in NSW, no births or deaths for either of them and no information on children and I only found out about him from looking at Trove.
From memory I think it is 3 postings before you are able to use the personal messages, but once that is done I can give you some information about the rest of the family if you would like it. 
My grandmother Rosina Henrietta Fidler (married Thomas Roper) is David Bennet Fidler's sister and they left Victoria and came to Western Australia at around 1900.
Kind regards
Bev

Offline Rebecca1819

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi again Bev,
I spoke to my Mother tonight and she gave the following details:
Ronald Henry Fidler born 05-09-1917 (we believe in Queensland) died 22-03-02 (in Perth, WA).
Beth May Penny born 09-09-1924 (we believe in Victoria) died 13-03-2014 (in Perth, WA).
Throughout his life Ronald Henry Fidler owned a number of businesses. One was the Waterford Hotel that you've mentioned in a previous post, others being the first car yard in Bulli, NSW, Mermaid Beach Hotel and Broadbeach Hotel.
We believe Ronald Henry Fidler spent the early years of his life and was possibly born in Collinsville QLD where his Mother owned and ran the local post office along with a cafe called "Fidler's Cafe".
My Mother also recalls an Aunty and Uncle on Ronald Henry Fidler's side who she named Harry and Bebby Prenzler (not sure if surname is correct).
Hope this helps! :)

Offline Kahy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 21:14 BST (UK) »
Berra Myrtle Fidler born 12th Match  1913 married Henry Prenzler in 1936. She died in 2002.
Regards...........Kerry Young