Author Topic: Henrietta Salmon  (Read 9800 times)

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henrietta Salmon
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 02 July 15 07:08 BST (UK) »
HI Mags,
Where did you get the info that Mary Jane and William Salmon had 8 children in total, 2 of whom died?
The only Williamina Salmon I can find on the internet was the daughter of James Salmon and Helen - this family also lived in Glasgow.
I wonder of one of their children was named Polly. Dont spoz you have that info?
CHeers,
Nicky

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 02 July 15 20:43 BST (UK) »
It was from the 1911 census.  They were living at 38 Kelvinside in Glasgow.

MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 July 15 00:18 BST (UK) »
Please can you send me the names of their children that are on this census. I am trying to trace living descendants of any or all of them...always hopiung one of them has some info on the family history to add to what I already know.

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 09 July 15 19:49 BST (UK) »
Will do but I'm away from home just now will send it when I get home
Salmon Paisley

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi NikNak13
Please find attached a copy of the census for the Salmon family in 1911

Attachment removed due to copyright issue ~ moderator
Salmon Paisley

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 10 August 15 22:32 BST (UK) »
William Salmon and Mary Jane Salmon nee Thompson living at
120/ 38 Kelvinside Avenue Glasgow
Hi sorry didn't realise this had been removed.  This is a copy of the information:

Their children in 1911 census:               
where born:   Name:         Age:                                         Profession:      
Lanark       William         45     Head                                Picture Frame gilder/Employer            
England       Mary         44     Wife               
Lanark       Peter          22     Son                                 Picture Frame gilder            
Lanark       Jessie         19     Daughter                 
Lanark       Jean         17     Daughter                         Typist            
Lanark       Mary          14     Daughter                         Message girl            
Lanark       Williamina   6     Daughter                         Schoolgirl            
Salmon Paisley

Offline Elizabeth Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi I am tracing my family tree and came across your post - My great uncle Samuel John Johnston (Maternal Grandmothers brother) Was married to Mary Salmon.  He was killed during WW2 1/5/44. I have attached their marriage lines to see if it is of any help. Mary was killed a few years later.  They left two children and I wonder if Henrietta may have adopted them and took them to Canada

Offline Elizabeth Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi I am tracing my family tree and came across your post - My great uncle Samuel John Johnston (Maternal Grandmothers brother) Was married to Mary Salmon.  He was killed during WW2 1/5/44. I have attached their marriage lines to see if it is of any help.  I would like to know if they had any children, my aunt thinks they may have had two but doesn't know their names.  Mary died a few years later they left two children and i wonder if Henrietta adopted them and took them to Canada

Offline Elizabeth Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 17:23 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure actually , my dad was adopted by Peter Salmon and Henrietta.  He was born on the 29/8/1916.  Henrietta, (my grandmother) died from cancer in 1931 at 35 St Mungo Street Glasgow.  Henrietta (my dads stepsister) was born in 1919.  she later married a George Riddell and as far as I know emigrated to Canada.  My dad never spoke about his family, so I am going on names my mum told me.  He did mention spending much of his childhood in Paisley, but his adopted family originated from Maryhill in Glasgow.  His birth mother was called Bridget Murphy and he was born in the Rottenrow maternity hospital and his mother had him christened.  I have had no joy trying to trace Bridget.
Samuel Johnston who was married to Mary Salmon was my Grandmothers youngest brother, he was killed in India and a few years later mary was killed in a road accident.  They had two children born around 1934 and 1935 I have been trying to find out what happened to them after they were orphaned.  Maybe Henrietta or William adopted the or they stayed with the grandparents.  My aunt seems to vaguely remember Henrietta emigrating to Canada but can't be sure.