Author Topic: Henrietta Salmon  (Read 9801 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Henrietta Salmon
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 June 14 11:34 BST (UK) »
This could be Peter with parents  - 1901 46 Dunard Street Glasgow Kelvinside -

Wm Salmon  35  Mary J Salmon  34
Peter Salmon  12 Jessie Salmon  9
Jeanie Salmon  7 Mary Salmon  4

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 June 14 11:43 BST (UK) »
Suspect this could be a possible for Henrietta McDonald - 1901 at 18 Cross Street. Partick. Lanarkshire.

Malcolm Mcdonald  31 Head. Mary Ann Mcdonald  29
Charles Mcdonald  1 Helen Mcdonald  4
Henry Mcdonald  64  Grandfather
Jane Mcdonald  1 Month
Henrietta Mcdonald  9 Niece born Scotstown Renfrewshire.
Robert Dalsbril  30

Sandra

Added Could be private anc tree on Henrietta. IF it is Henrietta Born 27 Feb 1892 - 9 Scotstown Place, Renfrew

Lived at 25 April 1913 at 818 New City Road (that's different to the army record address for 1913) and 17 June 1931 at St Mungo Place. The private tree entries refer to Peter Salmon at St Mungo Place 17 June 1931 ???

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 June 14 12:23 BST (UK) »
Henrietta Pechtold 15 Mar 1919 who died 3 Dec 2009 Lombard, Du Page, Illinois

I think we can rule out this one, as I found her mentioned in an obituary for her brother and his surname was Kreuger.

Offline Elizabeth Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am tracing my family tree and came across your post - My great uncle Samuel John Johnston (Maternal Grandmothers brother) Was married to Mary Salmon.  He was killed during WW2 1/5/44. I have attached their marriage lines to see if it is of any help.  I would like to know if they had any children, my aunt thinks they may have had two but doesn't know their names.  Mary may well have married again because she was a young widow.

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hi not been on for a long while.  Just saw this post, Not sure where mary salmon fits in, she may have been Peter Snr's sister.  The parents listed on the certificate are Peter (my dad)  and Henrietta's (his sister) parents.  George Riddel was Henrietta Jnrs husband. They married in 1935 and eventually moved to Canada as far as I know.
MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 23:14 BST (UK) »
Also, don't know why she listed Peter as her father? and I have no idea who E. Salmon is.  I thought with such an unusual name it would be a dawdle to trace ....
Salmon Paisley

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 00:53 BST (UK) »
Howdy, this is what I have on this family: Mary Jane Thompson (sister of my great grandmother) married William Salmon & they had 4 children - Peter, Jessie, Jeanie & Mary. Peter Salmon married Henrietta McDonald & they had 3 children - Mary (married Sam Johnson), William (married Elizabeth Malloy) & Henrietta Jnr (married George Riddell.) I have no other info on Peters sisters Jessie, Jeanie or Mary - I think one of them was nicknamed Polly and she possibly married someone with the surname Ryan or Rynd. (I have a photo of a "polly ryan" that was in my great grans stuff)
So the E. Salmon who signed as a witness to the wedding of Mary & Sam above could have been Elizabeth wife of William Salmon perhaps?
Please can you all tell me exactly how you fit into this family so I can add you to my family tree?

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 20:41 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure actually , my dad was adopted by Peter Salmon and Henrietta.  He was born on the 29/8/1916.  Henrietta, (my grandmother) died from cancer in 1931 at 35 St Mungo Street Glasgow.  Henrietta (my dads stepsister) was born in 1919.  she later married a George Riddell and as far as I know emigrated to Canada.  My dad never spoke about his family, so I am going on names my mum told me.  He did mention spending much of his childhood in Paisley, but his adopted family originated from Maryhill in Glasgow.  His birth mother was called Bridget Murphy and he was born in the Rottenrow maternity hospital and his mother had him christened.  I have had no joy trying to trace Bridget.
Salmon Paisley

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 20:44 BST (UK) »
William and Mary had another daughter called williamenia.  They originally had 8 children but only 6 survived to adult hood.  No idea who the other 2 were or when they died etc.
Salmon Paisley