Author Topic: Matthew SLATER/ Jean KING  (Read 16482 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew SLATER/ Jean KING
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 07 November 13 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Have had another go to try and find Isabella King from 1861...but failed to make any headway  :-\

One thing I have realised though.William, we found the birth of a son for Matthew Guy and Elizabeth Slater in Clinton, indexed as George Denight Guy. Think you were right with the Knight reference. Julie's ggg, Jane Slater married a George Dyer KNIGHT in Australia. I am guessing, Elizabeth and Matthew Guy called their son after him, but the Knight surname got mistranscribed.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 07 November 13 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I had a go earlier today at looking for Isabella. Found a marriage to a Ninian McLeod but turned out it was the wrong Isabella (she was with family in 1861). Had a look to see if she might have gone with the Guys and Jean to Mass. but that did not work either! Cannot see a death before 1871 in Renfrewshire. Shame!

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline annalaura

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 20 October 14 08:16 BST (UK) »
I found this forum when researching my family history. Jane Brown Knight (nee Slater born in 1835) was my ggg grandmother. I was interested to see she was born in Paisley, a place I regularly visit as it is my husband's home town. I was also interested in why she might have decided to come to Australia in the mid 1800's on her own.

Offline Keith Duncan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 17 April 24 10:40 BST (UK) »
Extract from part of the will of Matthew Slater d.1846 in which he refers to his son Matthew and his wife Jean King.