Author Topic: John Robert Tilley  (Read 12466 times)

Online Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Robert Tilley
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:18 BST (UK) »
<  There was a new addition to the family, a son named Clifford Lewis Tilley, born c.1906.   >

Look closer and there is a further addition Eileen Anorah aged 1 marked as illegitimate, with the same surname (Dillon) as the lodger. Her birth is registered as both Dillon and Tilley

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 July 13 05:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Mabel
The fact that the child Eillen Anorah Dillon was also registered as Eillen Anorah Tilley is something I have not come across before, can you explain this.   
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 July 13 18:48 BST (UK) »
Not sure, but I think it was possible for both parents, who were not married to each other, to be joint informants at registration and for the father's name will be on the certificate. Whether she would  have the surname then, or it suggests they later married and she was re-registered with her father's surname (as can happen), I'm not sure

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 July 13 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Mabel
Thanks for the explanation.  Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Offline Laurencevp

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 December 14 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roy

Laura Tilley was my father's mother. If you are still on here looking for Frederick Tilley (John Robert's father), drip me a line.
cheers
Laurence

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 December 14 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Laurence
Good of you to make contact. I am always interested in details of people with a Brithdir connection and would welcome any information.  Sadly the one related contact who lived in the village, passed away recently.  Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards, Roy

Offline sthelier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 09:32 GMT (UK) »
I hope this thread is still active.

My interest is in Elizabeth A Tilley, born 1893. I wonder if Ann and Amelia are the same person. I cannot trace the link to Elizabeth Tilley's arrival in the States mentioned on this thread. However what I do know is:

Elizabeth (now Bosworth) sailed from New York October 1916 on the SS Kroonland for Liverpool; stated reason for visit..to see her mother at 7 Bute Terrace. She travelled with her baby daughter, Evelyn Winifred May Bosworth. Her husband Guy R Bosworth died at sea in 1917.

Evelyn Bosworth went on to train as a nurse and during the war lived in Brithdir working (probably) at the nearby US/Canadian military hospital. There she met and had a child by 'unknown'. That child, Elizabeth, my very good friend was adopted. Evelyn subsequently married again in 1956.

Until last week my friend Elizabeth knew nothing of her family's past.

The Tilleys seem to have been a rum lot!

Mike

Dorset

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike
Yes, the thread is still active and I pleased to hear from you. I have been researching the village of Brithdir and its inhabitants for the past 12 years and willing to share details.  Mike I note you are new to Rootschat, which is a great site by the way, and it also has a private message facility between members.  To be able to use PM you need to post 3 messages here.  The PM is a safe way to exchange personal emails and personal data etc so if you reply to this with just an hello will do or any old chit chat between us then you will be entitled to use the personal messages facility.   

I have interest in the Tilley family particularly Evelyn (nurse) and I have done some research on other individuals.  Look forward to hearing from you
Roy

Offline sthelier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roy.

Thanks for your swift reply!

OK. Another post after this one and then we should be able to PM.

I live in Blandford Dorset by the way as does Evelyn's daughter.

Mike.