Author Topic: Problems with My Heritage  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Satchelkid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Problems with My Heritage
« on: Friday 19 July 13 09:42 BST (UK) »
Has anyone else had a problem with My Heritage?  Without any warning email they debited another yearly subscription from my account.  Fairly surprising, as my card was past its expiry date.  The bank told me that it was possible to do this, yet Find My past was unable to auto-renew my subs and the situation was the same.  I told My Heritage this charge was not authorised and I wanted a full refund.  I asked several times, eventually getting a reply that asked what email address was registered to my MH account so they could investigate.  I heard nothing, sent more emails and kept getting asked the same question: 'What is your email address?'  Googling MH and looking at other blogs I see others have had the same problem, as well as a host of other troubles that, if true (I can't verify them) border on the criminal.  Someone online suggested that the 'auto-renew charge' is mentioned in the T&Cs when you set the account up.  If that's true, it must be well hidden because I would NEVER agree to that with ANY company.  Besides, it should be stated clearly in the T&Cs on their website and it isn't.  I have changed my account status to 'do not renew next year'.  They are based in Israel so I suppose I am just going to have to put it down to experience: there are better sites out there and I shall use them and advise others to do the same.

Offline Westfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with My Heritage
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 02:11 BST (UK) »
Wish I'd read this first before I joined. Now cancelled - I hope!
Cashmore, Ward, Durham of Stone, Staffs
Wood (Hanley, Shelton) Bedson (Stoke)
Deacon (Stoke, Reading, Swindon) Freeman/Powis (Stoke, Shropshire, Cheshire)
Leigh (Stoke)