Author Topic: Need help finding a birth  (Read 9866 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a birth
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 05:35 BST (UK) »
St Michael in the Hamlett
May 24th 1896
Edward Jones,aged 58 widower,saddler,of Alwyn St
father Thomas Jones ,deceased farmer
Eliza Reynolds,aged 27,spinster of Ashfield Road,
father James Reynolds farm bayliff
witness to marriage James and Emma Reynolds
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 05:36 BST (UK) »
Marriage posted in full for the benefit of the poster,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 05:39 BST (UK) »
The age at death is only as good as the informant's knowledge.  I wonder if Catherine was actually born in 1892 Dec Qtr West Derby    8b   402

Kay

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 05:48 BST (UK) »
Now there's a good point Kay, it could be that the daughter got the wrong year her mother was born when filling in the death certificate.

And 1892 would fit in C1901 age.  Wonder what age, if it is shown, on her marriage certificate, 1912 when she wed Richard Childs

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 06:11 BST (UK) »
Kay - Had a thought that Thomas Reynolds on C1891 might have been a 'furphy' (he was actually a she being Catherine) but a check C1901 and Thomas, age 12, appears there with his grandparents James & Ann, and their daughter Mary Ann - all at the same place.  Bonnie
PS How's that thunder going, looks like we might get a spot of rain here (Sydney) real soon

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 06:24 BST (UK) »
I think Catherine was born post the 1891 census as Eliza was still living in Shropshire in 1891 and I can't see a birth for Catherine that would match in Shropshire.

Had torrential rain in Herefordshire and lost power for a while, but the thunder is in the distance now.  We really need the rain!

Kay

Offline wiilams83

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 07:56 BST (UK) »
All I have for my great grandmother is she was born in Liverpool on 26 sept 1890 when she married my great grandfather Richard child's

She written down her father was Edward jones and the family are from Liverpool I'm unable to Tracy and find her so any information would be great !

Catherine died in dec 1970 aged 80 but the think that'd puzzling me is on the marriage certificate she gives her name as catharine Reynolds jones born in Liverpool but death says her name was Catherine jones     

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 08:10 BST (UK) »
Does her marriage certificate list her age?  The year of birth on the death cert will be only as good as the informant's knowledge.

If her step father's surname was Jones she married using both her birth surname and his surname.  When she died her relative may not have even known she was born pre Edward and Eliza's marriage and therefore there would be no mention of Reynolds

I sometimes think our ancestors are watching us and chuckling as we try to puzzle out who they were.  My own grandmother took 5 years off her age when she married!

Kay

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 08:15 BST (UK) »
Child of Edward Jones saddler,
dont forget he is a widower,

St Michael in the Hamlet Aigburth
23 rd December 1896
John Fletcher,aged 24,bachelor,mariner of Thackeray Street
Esther Jones,aged 24,spinster of 36 Alwyn Street,
grooms father Stephen Fletcher,Clerk
bridws father Edward Jones,saddler
witness to marriage,William Henry Jones and Carrie Mitchell,