Author Topic: Andrew wylie  (Read 15019 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew wylie
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 July 13 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
F/S or F/S.Org is my abbreviation of Familysearch.Org

And yes it looks like Robert 1823 was another Son of Alexander/Janet an she is just down as Jean on his Chrsitening.
He also appears on the 1841 Census with them.

Alexander WYLLIE Married Janet CLARK, 17 Jan 1795, Neilson, Renfrew
(F/S.Org)

You wondered if Alexander/Janet may have emigrated as well. They are still in Dunlop on 1841.
Given their ages I would think maybe not.

Have now found a Christening that I lost before;
Alexander WYLLIE
Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950   
christening:   29 November 1795   NEILSTON, RENFREW, SCOTLAND
parents:Alexander Wyllie, Janet Clark

Trish :)

EDIT;
This looks like Janet;
1851 Census
Free Church Manse,
Dunlop, Ayrshire
Janet WYLLIE, 75 (1776), born Neilson, Renfrewshire

You can few this image for more detail on Scotlandspeople.
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Also other records you can search for a very small fee.
There are 3 Alexander Wyliie Deaths on there 1841-1851
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 July 13 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish there is a snag... Alexander the dad born     
Alexander WYLLIE Married Janet CLARK, 17 Jan 1795, Neilson, Renfrew,
Janet WYLLIE, 75 (1776), born

Alexander Wylie, born 8/Oct/1826. Stewarton, Ayrshire,
Agnes Wylie, born 30/June/1829. Neilston, Renfrewshire,
Janet Wyllie, born 26/June/1831. Kilmarnock, Ayrshire,
Mary Wyllie, born 27/Oct/1837. Kilmarnock, Ayrshire.

Alexander WYLLIE
Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950   
christening:   29 November 1795   NEILSTON, RENFREW, SCOTLAND
parents: Alexander Wyllie, Janet Clark

ROBERT Wylie Chr 09 March 1823,
If Robert was first born then Alexander's Church  of Scotland record is wrong it says Alex 1st Agnes the 2nd.
 What do you think. It looks good but maybe Janet in this Alex was married to another  woman called JeanClark?

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 July 13 04:22 BST (UK) »
Ok in my notes I see a 1861 census an Alexander and Janet he was born abt 1807 I Galston Ayrshire, Larnkshire I'm certain this is not my family. 

1881 census Alexander and Jean he born 1826 same as mine but can't be him as mine married a Margaret McKay in Nova Scotia Canada.

1901 census Alexander and Janet born about 1848 not mine by date but in right place Stewarton, Ayr. I wonder a next generation?

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 July 13 05:38 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you Miriam he is the son of William and Margaret McKenzie Wylie. William was so far the only child of Andrew and Agnes Pollock Wylie (hence his middle name ) William born in Albion Mines (Stellarton now ) his family I have. He had a son Arthur who immigrated to go to Lincoln collage and he married a Laura Belle Brown he had no kids. Buried in Elwood cemetery I just got a picture of he and Laura's head stone. thanks for your reply. It's the Scotland side I can't complete. Arthur was published for his biography and he said hid grandfather Andrew and Agnes Pollock Wylie immigrated with 5 kids but another obituary said Andrew had up to 7-8 kids. So now think the first 4 are good match Scotland side. William and his dad Andrew were baker's and miners which was likely why he immigrated they recruited from the UK.I just type all of Agnes Pollock her dad James and mom Agnes Gilmour. And Andrew's siblings and hit wrong button Ach hate that :>)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 July 13 07:35 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit confused with your response?
Quote;
ROBERT Wylie Chr 09 March 1823,
If Robert was first born then Alexander's Church  of Scotland record is wrong it says Alex 1st Agnes the 2nd.
 What do you think. It looks good but maybe Janet in this Alex was married to another  woman called JeanClark?

From Familysearch we have to ALEXANDER and JANET nee Clark Born/Christened Neilston, Renfrew:
ALEXANDER 1795
GRIZEL 1797
GRIZEL 1800
JEAN 1802
ANDREW 1804
HUGH 1806
ELIZABETH 1809
JOHN 1812
JOHN 1814
DAVID 1816
(F/S)

From what I can see their last Child was ROBERT 1823, Mother is  Jean which is a another version of Janet.
Census seems to back this up in 1841where Alexnader/Janet/Robert are together and in 1851 Janet is likely Widowed.
Have you looked at the Census images on Scotlandspeople?
Looked for a Death for them on there?

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 July 13 07:22 BST (UK) »
Trish Andrew and Agnes didn't marry until
Andrew and Agnes Pollock, Wylie married in Stewarton Church of Scotland . 21/Feb/1826 He was a farm servant from Dunlop.
So Robert would of been not their's ?
Even Alex pushed in quickly unless they had him before marring?
I'm leaving for Nova Scotia very soon. I will try to get in here as soon as I can. Thanks for the great info,

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 27 July 13 10:33 BST (UK) »
Huh?

Alexander WYLLIE Married Janet CLARK, 17 Jan 1795, Neilson, Renfrew

ALEXANDER Wyllie, Christening:  29 November 1795, Neilson, Renfrew
Parents ALEXANDER Wyllie/ JANET Clark
Thats 10mths after the Marriage.

Yes, I am sure ROBERT 1823 is theirs also.

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 01 August 13 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish yes I seen it ...your right Alexander and Janet had this family but who is Gisel? I can't see your post until I check your post. thanks so muck.
Andrew,,Aug/30/1801
 Jean 6/Jun /1802
Hugh,16th Nov 1804
Alex 1806
Elizabeth Aug//1809
John 21/Jun/1812
Robert 25/Feb/1823

oddly I see John as Jan 1814 as well not sure if different or same fellow...I only have internet at Library will check in as I can. Oh my post was to tell you It is Alexander and Janet Clark's son Andrew and his wife Agnes Pollock Wylie's family I'm trying to find as they immigrated with up to mabye 5 kids and William born in Nova Scotia.

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander wylie
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 January 14 06:17 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on ALEXANDER WYLIE christened on 6-7-1791 in Dunlop, Ayreshire, Scotland. His father was JOHN WYLIE and his mother was MARGARET ???. The IGI says her last name was Wylie but I doubt it.

Alexander's siblings were: JEAN, DAVID, JANET, MARY, ELIZABETH, JOHN, AGNES, and ANNE.

the old churchyard has quite a few Wylie graves but no one  recalls a Wylie family living in Dunlop save for one gentleman who told me that they had a farm on the Dunlop Estate next to Dunlop House. Any help would be appreciated.

Alexander was married to Janet Clark.Can any one tell me Alexander's parents were John and Margaret? Wylie.