Author Topic: Ford family, left Westport Co Mayo abt 1847  (Read 5222 times)

Offline terrilbaby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ford family, left Westport Co Mayo abt 1847
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 June 17 18:31 BST (UK) »
I am very excited to find some FORDs, however spelled (spelling just did not matter way back).  If anyone has a dna test (male or female) at FTDNA please join Project FORY and I will be happy to help put more together.  I also have a very large tree/database at Ancestry.com where I have been "collecting" kin and hoping to find more connections.
From any testing service, please upload your results to GedMatch.com (free!) and you will find 3x as many matches...the really cool part is when you match someone, they tell you how many gen. back to your ancestor in common.  My kit # at GedMatch is A915939, and if you match I would really appreciate hearing from you so we can figure out more...my contact info is posted there.

Offline terrilbaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 June 17 18:34 BST (UK) »
Re the name "Gullum" The French for William is "Guillaume" and I believe that your record of the name is from the church record, Latin for "William".  It may help your research to use William.

Offline cjrock

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 March 18 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my husband's fourth great grandfather is Ulick Ford, from County Mayo. I have been following JoRuss's posts and wonder if you have found out anything else? What did you find from the Lee County Illinois Historical Society? I think you did find the same thing I have, that Ulich possibly had a brother named Peter Ford, who is mentioned in the Whiteside County History book as having been born in Killala, County Mayo. What more? We are planning a trip to Ireland and it would be great to walk where they once walked!