Author Topic: Grandmother- Anderson/Bibby  (Read 8061 times)

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother- Anderson/Bibby
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 August 16 09:48 BST (UK) »
i agree with lizzieL
always had an inkling Sarah was a nee Webb (also connected with andersons/pearce) and that as she had remarried a Livermore who died abroad (possibly no grave over here - wartime) that she went in with her own blood line rather than her previous husband?
its a theory anyway.
i have some paperwork regarding all this.
but i may also be on the wrong track  ::)  :P
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline Yvonne Bibby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 August 18 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Yvonne Bibby .i am also a great grand daughter of Edward Anderson. My Grand father was also Edward Anderson. As far as I know with what has come down with family history. So what is truth and what is hearsay I have no idea. My mother and her sisters all said that they could have taken the names Anderson Pearse or Stone. We're the Stone surname came from I have no idea. When I applied for Edward Anderson Senior death certificate, the name written on it was Edward Anderson also known as Spearse. It was not Pearse at all. He also gave the name Spearse when he was living with my Grand parents in a census not sure of the date.  But I found them all living in powells field Witham in the 1901- 1911. Census. As far as I know there were two sons of Edward Anderson both called Edward Anderson. My Grandfather was the elder,and Sarah Livermore was not his birth mother. I think she had three children before she meet Edward Anderson. All I know is my mother always called Sarah Aunt Sal. Hoping that this clears a few questions, although looking at it I think you will be left with more questions than answers .

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 23:23 BST (UK) »
thanks Yvonne
will pm you over weekend when my head is awake lol. have lots to ask you regarding webb/pearse/bibbys/etc
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline Amanda G

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 31 December 18 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I have just registered so it might be that I need to post this elsewhere but I thought i would start here as it is all possibly related to the same people.

I have been researching my Bibby/Pearse line for the last couple of months but I am getting DNA Matches to Anderson and I wanted to explore my theory on the Pearse connection.

I have 10 children of John Pearse and Sarah Matthews who married in Chemsford in 1838, as with all these families they have been difficult to follow through the years but I have lost their two sons Edward born 1862 Moulsham and Walter b 1865 Moulsham but Baptised as David.

I have DNA matches to desendants of both of these sons if they used the Anderson name instead of Pearse.

i have read a lot of these threads but i know it's a difficult frustrating trail to follow so i am posting to see what others think.

Walter: I am waiting to hear back from my DNA Match I think he appears as Walter Anderson age 27 Travelling Hawker born Chelmsford on the 1891 Census St Lawrence Maldon

Edward: I have him in 1881 as Pearce age 19 Hawker born Chelmsford in Writtle, Edney Common

I suspect he changed his name after this and uses Anderson later on but there are two of them on the 1911 Census and I suspect he could be listed twice, both times as a soldier, once with his father and once with his Aunt now Elizabeth Bixby.

i hope my post makes some sense and that i have given enough information.

Kind regards

Amanda 

Offline Yvonne Bibby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amanda, I am also related to the Anderson Pearce family. I have tried so long to find where my Great Grandfather, Edward Anderson hails from he just seemed to appear from no where. I  can tell you also about why the name was changed,but I will private message you on that subject. I will message you more when I sort out all the information I have about the family. But we are definitely related,as my sister in Australia Mrs Sylvia  Munro. Has had a message from the  D.N.A to say that there is a match. Many thanks for providing the missing link we have been looking for, Yvonne

Offline Amanda G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne,

How Fab.

Happy New Year to you, I had no idea where this might lead yesterday, I was just hoping it would!

I think I have also found his brother Walter but that's another lead yet to be proved

Kind regards
Amanda xx

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 23:24 GMT (UK) »
hi Amanda & Yvonne
I have also just re registered on ancestry, so have been delving, (when time allows), halleluiah :D
Could i ask you yvonne if its possible fo ryou to also share the name change info via p.m
I would really like to see if it corresponds to my findings regarding webb/pearse/anderson/bibby links

buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline Amanda G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I have found what I think is Walter, not with Rhoda in 1939 she is under Anderson but there is Walter Pierce in 1939 born 1865 which is very close in age in Mayland.

There is also a Burial in the same Parish for David Pearse in March 1943 aged 78 so I think that sorts this one out!

I have PDF's for two of their children's Birth but the MMN is Webb so there is another mystery to solve.

Happy to swop info with anyone who is searching and compare notes.

Kind regards
Amanda