Author Topic: Was Moses Nutt married 3 times?  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Tramore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Was Moses Nutt married 3 times?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Bonnie, Sorry for the delay in answering. My grandfathers name was Frederick Nutt. Which from your first post would be a son of Moses Nutt and his wife Annie. In 1891 Frederick was seven years old. Would this be correct? Tramore.

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I think that Moses Nutt was married three times but would appreciate if someone could have a look at the following, thanks.

Moses Nutt bc1829 Ripon (baptism not found) to parents Moses & Elizabeth Nutt as shown on C1841. 

In 1851 he married Jane Turner - GRO Q2 23/766 York and C1851 piece 2353, folio 389 page 3 shows him married but wife not shown with him?

C1861 unable to locate Moses & Jane (nor their subsequent children)

C1871 Moses & Jane (aged 44) and children Martha M (Matilda) 17, and Moses H (Henry) aged 12. piece 4745 folio 23 page 18. 

1878 - A Jane Nutt dies Q2 9d/5 York aged 55 years

1880 - Marriage of a Moses Nutt to a Hannah Wormersley Q2/1880 9d/100 York and it would seem that Hannah died Q3/1880 9d/8 York, aged 36 as in ....

C1881 - Moses shown as a widower, living with daughters Elizabeth (born 1852) and Matilda (Martha) piece 4718, folio 27 page 4

C1891 - Moses with wife Annie (unable to find marriage registration) and their children Frederick Arthur aged 7 and Charles Ernest 5. piece 3888 folio 82 page 24.

1905 Moses dies aged 76 years Q1/1905 9d/22 York

C1911 - Annie Moses, shown as widow, aged 50 with sons Frederick (Arthur) 27, Charles (Ernest) 25, Walter 19 and Percy (Parkinson) 16.

1919 - An Annie Moses passes away in 1919 aged 60 years York Q3, 9d/27

So, what I would like to find out is
- where is Jane Nutt nee Turner in 1851
- where are Moses & Jane in 1861
- when did Moses married Annie ?  possibly her maiden name Parkinson?

Many thank for any help Bonnie
PS Just to let you know, I have full information on all of Moses's children, their births, marriages and deaths

George Nutt registered Micklegate York 1881

Frederic A Nutt Micklegate York 1884
Charles E Nutt registered Micklegate York 1885
Percy P Nutt registered Micklegate York 1895
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 05:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Tramore, have sent you a PM with info.

Hi dodfarm - thanks your info.

Regards Bonnie

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Bonnie

first large top box in link multi region search click on 'UKBMDsearch'

I forgot to post the repository where to find the births of siblings

Highlight the time frame 1880 to 1904 (25 year search max) in year table

Do a surname (Nutt) only by leaving first name blank or do direct full naming and year of each child in link.

http://www.ukbmdsearch.org.uk/

----------------------------------------------

also

Births Dec 1881   

NUTT  George     York  9d 24

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 20:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks dobfarm.
It would appear that George Nutt born Q4/1881 9d/24 York died soon after birth, Q4/1881 9d/19.

Percy P Nutt, birth registered 1895, middle name was Parkinson which lead me to think that this may of been his (and along with Frederick, Charles and Walter's) mother's maiden name. Bonnie

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 20:37 BST (UK) »
Its possible Moses and Annie marriage late 1880 or 1881 in York will be held at York local register office as  they have their own records of the original BMD registers with their own number system different from the National register at Southport England, and it was/is not uncommon for the odd BMD to be missed off the national GRO BMD register.

My brother died  who drowned in the canal by accident playing. His death was recorded at the local register office but was missing in the GRO quarter index.

Mind you ! unrecorded 'jumping over the brush - marriage' was common accepted them days in less religious families as well.

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 06 April 16 21:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear of the tragic death of your brother, dobfarm.

When I contacted the York cemetery some time back, I am pretty sure the researcher checked the Yorkshire records for marriages however my notes are not to hand at present so not 100% positive on that.
Bonnie

Offline Karma2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 November 19 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am new to the site having just found this forum on a google search. I've recently dug out a family tree I started 20 years ago (and haven't looked at since!) to try to add more to it. My interest was sparked by the indenture mentioned by Tramore along with family bibles. My great grandfather was Frederick Nutt (This thread has confirmed many names and dates recorded in the family bible which is great, but also introduced some siblings I wasn't aware of). I realize the thread was started several years ago but maybe someone's still out there......... 

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karma2

The original member - thread owner -request -first poster BonnieDownUnder was active 2 days ago and so! may answer your post the next time she comes on this website.

Allow for time difference between the  UK and Australia

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=195996

Dobbie  :)