Author Topic: Looking for Frances A (Anderson) Johnston  (Read 6395 times)

Offline seekandyeshallfind

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Frances A (Anderson) Johnston
« on: Wednesday 31 July 13 20:07 BST (UK) »
I am looking to find Frances A (E) Anderson daughter of William A Anderson and Alfreda (Elfreda) Anderson of Seattle, King Co. Washington. She was born in 1920 in Oak Lake, King, Washington. She married Edward Johnston in 1935. Edward's middle name may have been Hite. She is listed in the 1940 census as Phllyis but we know that it was actually Frances. She and her husband Edward were living with her parents and the surname was Johnson but it should have read "Johnston". His parents were Hite and Gladys Johnston. Any help would be appreciated.
Margaret

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Frances A (Anderson) Johnston
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
Just a link so people can see what was discussed previously:  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=535533.0

Without more recent information or exact dates of birth, it may be difficult to pin down Frances & Edward in the later years, especially considering their common names.  Maybe looking into what happened to their relatives would give some hints, such as a mention in an obituary?  It looks like Hite died in 1967 - https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JTWK-732

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 August 13 14:03 BST (UK) »
I see Edward & Frances in Seattle city directories up to 1951, but I don't see a definite match for either of them in the 1953 city directory.  Hite & Gladys and William & Freda are in all the Seattle city directories up to 1960, which is the latest one I could find.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:09 BST (UK) »
The Washington State Library has a free obituary look-up service.  http://www.sos.wa.gov/library/obituaries.aspx

It might be worth asking them to see if there is an obituary for Hite or any other parents or siblings of Frances & Edward that you have deaths for. 

Offline seekandyeshallfind

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 August 13 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I will try that. Frances was an only child but Edward had quite a few siblings. This has been a difficult search andI thank you for your suggestions.

Offline nathanm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 September 13 04:52 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the Washington State Digital Archives? They have marriage, land, death, and other records, including images of the original records in many cases.
http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/

Offline dblanch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 06:40 GMT (UK) »
  My Grandma Helens dad was Hite Edward Johnston, ( or Edward Hite Johnston) WA. State

What information do you have?.  I know I am stuggling with the name right now I think

there must be more than one  Hite Edward ??... here somewhere because mine is born 3-15-1892 kentucky,  Married 12-3-1911 King Country Seattle, WA.    and shows Wife Gladys Marguarite Waite born 8-1894 Indiana and Passed 8-1966 King County, Seattle, Wa.

He is Laid to rest at a place called Evergreen Washelli with this Wife Gladys Margurite Waite.

Offline dblanch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Attachment added to this.              there are 2 Hites. Both are showing up on this card.

Attachment removed due to copyright issues.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 13:25 GMT (UK) »
The Social Security death index entry that I linked to above has the same birth date that you mention and last residence of Seattle, Washington, but a death date of Mar. 1967.  The Washington death index also has a Hite Johnston who died 24 Mar. 1967 in Seattle.  I don't see any other likely Hites with the same birth date and different death date.