Author Topic: McEvoys of Aughrim Parish and Ardgallagher in Kilmore Parish  (Read 5427 times)

Offline caramarie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McEvoys of Aughrim Parish and Ardgallagher in Kilmore Parish
« on: Thursday 01 August 13 03:56 BST (UK) »
The head of this family which is a part of my maternal line was John McEvoy who seems to have raised his family of nine children in Aughrim Parish with his wife Bridget whose maiden name might have been McDevitt. My hope is to learn what her maiden name was, to have proof of what it was. My records indicate that they were in Aughrim from about the 1820s to at least through the 1840s. Then according to family records and Griffiths John and Bridget lived in Ardgallagher, Kilmore Parish. John died in Ireland on or about 1869, leaving his "farm" or whatever he had or owned to his daughter Bridget(Bee) McEvoy Carroll & husband Patrick Carroll. Bridget may have been the only child who remained in Ireland. Because members of this family were related to my maternal line here in the US and close friends and neighbors for many years I'd like to know if they have any more connections to my family tree. I'd especially like to know more about John McEvoy's wife Bridget who may have been a McDevitt. Thank you very much for any information or sources that might help. Also I have tons of info on this family if anyone else has a connection to them.

Offline ned kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McEvoys of Aughrim Parish and Ardgallagher in Kilmore Parish
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 April 14 18:08 BST (UK) »
Caramarie, I am related to Patrick Carroll who married B McEvoy of Ardgallagher. I cant add anything to your search for the McDevitt connection. However your relative Joe McEvoy still resides in the area and runs an oil distribution business-Roscommon Oil Distribution, at Lecarrow, Cuilmore, Strokestown. He may be able to help you.
Patrick Carroll was 27 years junior to his wife...see 1911 census. They had no family and the farm was left to Patrick's nephew (my grandfathers brother) -Dan Carroll who lived there for some years before moving with his family to Rhue , Kilmore. Anthony Carroll, Dan's son is very well versed in family history and conections. He still lives at Rhue, Kilmore.  Dan also has a son a priest in Mississippi USA- Fr. Brian Carroll. Hope this helps

Offline feeragh66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 September 16 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi I am Dan Carroll's granddaughter,I would love to know how I can connect with Ned Kelly as I believe you are my Dad's 1st cousin.
I have not used this site before so a  total beginner.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 September 16 17:02 BST (UK) »
If RC then registers are online, free..

http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0539
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline feeragh66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 September 16 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark
I am trying to message Ned Kelly,not look up a record,if that is what your message with the link meant. :) :)