Author Topic: Bird family Blayney area NSW  (Read 12588 times)

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Bird family Blayney area NSW
« on: Friday 02 August 13 10:06 BST (UK) »
The group I work with as a volunteer on Wednesdays presents me with all sorts of questions/problems.

The latest concerns the family of William Bird born 1890 in Orange District, married to Ellen Abraham
in Blayney 1911 and died Orange in 1941.

The wife, Ellen dies 24.2. 1952 in Ryde District. On the Death Notice it names the following children:
Trevor  My enquirer has a particular interest in Trevor. We believe he died as recently as 21.7.2013 and I express my regret that this query has surfaced so soon. However !

My enquirer has a specific query as to Aboriginality. NSW Railways may have been a source of employment.

Can anyone assist ??

Thanks

Alan
Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: Bird family Blayney area NSW
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 August 13 18:56 BST (UK) »
Alan, can you say with certainty that all the Bird children mentioned in your post, are deceased?

Are you saying that all the children could have indigenous heritage or that Trevor was adopted/fostered and not a part of the family, or is somehow connected by either parent to someone with indigenous heritage? Three possible senarios which could all be true or just one?

Do you have his birth registration or his age?
There is only one marriage of a Trevor Bird on the indexes from 1920
TREVOR S W BIRD = RUBY A REGAN AT SYDNEY REF # 4857/1920
MODIFIED If this is same chap then he was born outside of the marriage of William and Ellen in 1911 if he died in 2013 he would have been too old to be this fellow that married Ruby in 1920. He was born 1880 in sydney to different parents and died 1944Does your enquirer have either.... The DC of either parent or the BC of the Youngest child to William and Ellen.  If so either of these will have the children of the marriage.
Also any middle name of William Bird Born?Where/when?

Regards

Neil

Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 August 13 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

WW2 record for a Athol Bird on National Archives site he died 1946 lists Mrs W Bird as nok
also this record http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?ServiceId=A&VeteranId=331362

Muss

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 August 13 23:17 BST (UK) »
hi
 There is a birth of a William Bird 1890 Blayney mother Betsey also a Richard 1887 mother Betsy.
Death of 2 children parents William and Ellen reg Blayney  Mabel D 1920, Rita 1921
 BDM site only working sometimes for me,  not before 8.00 in the morning, I have the same problem with Archives  Investigator anyone else having problems ?

Muss

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 August 13 23:39 BST (UK) »
BDM IS HOPELESS, at the moment, gave up!!

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 August 13 00:26 BST (UK) »
The information in my initial post was based on scraps of evidence provided by the person whom I am helping. I cannot rule anything in or out of this investigation at this stage, as we are still sifting through all the ideas which are currently being submitted.

I cannot say whether all the Birds I mentioned are deceased. I do not have those facts. However, my particular interest on behalf of my enquirer is in Trevor, whom we believe died this July as stated.
Further research will depend upon what is submitted by people contributing to this site.

Thanks.
Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 August 13 00:31 BST (UK) »
If you have a idea of what area Trevor lived could be worth a try to contact the local cemetery or the local newspaper for a death notice.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 August 13 00:33 BST (UK) »
Might be a good idea to remove the names or to find a Moderator and ask them to do it for you..... It is a NO NO at RChat to identify people who may still be living.

NSW ER 1871 CARCOAR electorate
George BIRD, Residence at Rocky Bridge Creek

NSW ER 1879 CARCOAR electorate
George BIRD,  Hobby’s Yards, leaseholder

NSW ER 1903 MACQUARIE,
polling at Blayney:Alice Edith BIRD, Blayney, domestic duties
polling at Hobby’s Yards with surname BIRD:
Charles, Labourer
Emily, dd
George, farmer
George, junior, labourer
Georgeana, dd
Samuel, labourer
(no ‘street’ addresses displayed, afterall in that era, the polling clerks ‘knew’ each elector. There was exactly 100 enrolled for Hobby’s Yards )

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 03 August 13 00:40 BST (UK) »
NSW SRO Deceased Estate
for a George BIRD, of Hobbys Yards  DD 29 Oct 1916, Duty paid 18 Apr 1917. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.