Author Topic: Sarah Ing of Haddenham?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
  • Descendants of John Chapman of North Marston
    • View Profile
Sarah Ing of Haddenham?
« on: Saturday 03 August 13 10:59 BST (UK) »
I am looking at witnesses to marriages, and two sisters both had the same witness on the parish registers, one Sarah Ing.  The marriages occurred in 1820 and 1824, both married by banns and one "with the consent of friends".

Should I be looking to find out if and how this Sarah connects to the family?

Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Ing of Haddenham?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 August 13 20:19 BST (UK) »
These are the details of the marriage of my gggrandparents, Jane Cox and Henry Montagu,in Haddenham in 1824.

'Marriage witnesses John Hill, Sarah Ing and Benjamin Coles. Jane married with the consent of Friends'

Sounds familiar?

Maybe we should both check out Sarah Ing.  I think Benjamin Coles may actually be the groom's brother Benjamin Coles Montague but I don't know where the Sarah Ing or John Hill fit in.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 August 13 21:38 BST (UK) »
I've been having a dig around, in the 1841 census, there is a John Hill aged 60, Ann Hill(aged 55),  living in Oakley, Bucks.  In the same household, is a Susan Ing(aged 12), Sarah Ing(aged 10) & Ann Ing(aged 6).

In another 1841 census, there is a Sarah Ing(aged 35), & Thomas Ing(aged 40), living in Long Crendon, Bucks.

There is also a Benjamin Coles, getting married in Long Crendon in 1839, aged 26. to Sarah Crook.
Witnesses - Thomas Coles &  Mary Ann Brangwin .

Marriage - 16 Jul 1842 
Thomas BRANGWIN, aged 24, Bachelor of Long Crendon, Farmer son of Thomas Brangwin, Farmer
Arietta(x)ING, aged 18, Spinster of Long Crendon, Farmer's daughter daughter of George Ing, Farmer.
Witnesses - George(x)Ing & Jane(x)Ball

Steve. :)

Marriages from BucksFHS - Long Crendon PR CD.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 August 13 22:45 BST (UK) »
These are the details of the marriage of my gggrandparents, Jane Cox and Henry Montagu,in Haddenham in 1824.

Snap... Go Fish...

One of the marriages was Jane Cox to Henry Montagu(e); the other I believe to be my third great grandparents of Rebecca Cox to Joseph Chapman. 

Time to exchange, cousin?

Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 August 13 23:00 BST (UK) »
I've been having a dig around, in the 1841 census, there is a John Hill aged 60, Ann Hill(aged 55),  living in Oakley, Bucks.  In the same household, is a Susan Ing(aged 12), Sarah Ing(aged 10) & Ann Ing(aged 6).

In another 1841 census, there is a Sarah Ing(aged 35), & Thomas Ing(aged 40), living in Long Crendon, Bucks.

Easy elimination of the first census due to  both marriages taking place in 1820 and 1824 respectively.  That Sarah was not even a twinkle in some one's eye.

The second is a possibility.

Thanks Steve for looking :)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 August 13 23:21 BST (UK) »

Easy elimination of the first census due to  both marriages taking place in 1820 and 1824 respectively.  That Sarah was not even a twinkle in some one's eye.

The second is a possibility.

Thanks Steve for looking :)

Just trying to link the Hills and the Ings. ;D

Brangwin = Bradwins.........seems feasible. ;)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 August 13 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just thought I'd mention that there is a Sarah Ing in my wife's tree.

Sarah daughter of John and Hester Ing baptised 10 Dec 1797 at Long Crendon Bucks, the baptism details are all that I have regarding Sarah.

This Sarah of course may not be the Sarah you're interested in but I thought I'd mention her just for the record.

Regards.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 03 August 13 23:50 BST (UK) »
I've got a couple of Ings, but from Bledlow. No Sarah though. ::)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 June 17 01:37 BST (UK) »
I know this thread is a bit old. But it seems to be one very few ING threads.

Do you know anything about a Sophia ING (c1785), who marries Joseph Allen in 1807 @ Bledlow.

Would you have her in your tree. ;D

Steve. :)