Author Topic: Sinclair family of Bansha and Kilmoyler  (Read 5675 times)

Offline wild13s

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sinclair family of Bansha and Kilmoyler
« on: Sunday 04 August 13 05:56 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with information about the Kilshane cemetery. Family members have told me that our Sinclair family are buried in this cemetery. I have searched on line but cannot seem to locate an address for it.I know that the family had property in the Bansha area and have documents telling me that was where they farmed. My GGrandfather went to England in the late 1800's but his family all stayed in Ireland in the above area. We are visiting Ireland in October and would love to try and locate any records re my GGrandparents and their other children.  I do have some BDM records and are all from this area, I know that Thomas Sinclair married Mary Turner in 1862 at Kilmoyfer (? unsure of spelling) Church and that 9 of their 18 children were born and baptised in this church, or so my G Aunt told me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as to where I start to search.
Dianne
Australia

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sinclair family of Bansha and Kilmoyler
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 August 13 13:00 BST (UK) »
what better man to ask than an undertaker.
O'Heneys undertakers
Bansha co tipp
phone 062    54250

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 August 13 13:25 BST (UK) »
1901 census shows him at house no 1 bansha west age 64 wife mary 66 daughter frances age 34.
1911 hose no 59 bansha town thos age 74 widower frances daughter 40 all farmers.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 August 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
from familysearch.org death index.
mary sinclair age 77 apr june 1910 tipperary vol 3 page 431.
thomas sinclair age 78 july sep 1914 tipperary vol 3 page 359.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 August 13 14:34 BST (UK) »
My GGrandfather went to England in the late 1800's but his family all stayed in Ireland in the above area. We are visiting Ireland in October and would love to try and locate any records re my GGrandparents and their other children.  I do have some BDM records and are all from this area, I know that Thomas Sinclair married Mary Turner in 1862 at Kilmoyfer (? unsure of spelling) Church and that 9 of their 18 children were born and baptised in this church, or so my G Aunt told me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as to where I start to search.
Dianne
Australia

A link to Kilmoyler Church -was uses as an R.c church and Church of Ireland according to the site.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irishchurches/RC%20Churches/Bansha.html

I see the Sinclair family were Church of Ireland and looking at the list of C of I records  it seems that the records for Templeneiry C of I parish that would include the Bansha Kilmoyler area didn't survive. To make sure you could contact the RCB Library in Churchtown Dublin and they would be able to give further information.
e-mail  library@ireland.anglican.org
Website www.library.ireland.anglican.org
An Isaac Sinclair is listed in Griffiths valuation (land tax survey) !851 in Corrogbeg townland parish of Kilshane - Is he related to Thomas? You can view  the listing at  http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/

annclare

Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 August 13 15:39 BST (UK) »
calendar of wills shows thomas sinclair left 776pds 18 sh 11d to a frederick johnstone clerk in 1914 no mention of frances. frances died 1933 in tipperary.
the calendar of wills also shows a thomas sinclair of tipperary died in 1858 and his will was proved in waterford by his widow margaret, you said your gg grandfather went to england so probably not him.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 August 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
scraps of info gleaned from other sites thomas snr and junior shopkeepers ,robert turner merchant and miller.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 August 13 16:21 BST (UK) »
from tipperary genealogy, protestant marriages.
30 aug 1854 james sinclair ,farmer son of thomas sinclair shopkeeper to
eliza cleary dtr joseph cleary ,farmer.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 August 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
i find this hard to believe as you said they were a large family but i went through every single entry on 1901 census for sinclair looking for those born in tipperary not a single one to be found other than thomas,mary and frances, did they all take the boat.