Author Topic: Macleods of Achunahanait and various spellings there after  (Read 18772 times)

Offline IanB

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Macleods of Achunahanait and various spellings there after
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 21 February 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
djct59:

If you have all that much respect, you might choose to read my posts more carefully. I was responding to Craig's post addressed to me wondering whether the patronymic of the George Mcleod who had a son Donald christened in 1806 might indicate that Angus Bain's father was William. I mentioned the John Mcleod entry to illustrate that there were similar, but possibly unrelated, patronymics.
Morrison, MacKay, MacCulloch, Sutherland, Dingwall, MacLeod, Donn, Calder,Blyth/Blythe; Baxter; Woodburn;Fleming;Hobkirk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CMcLeod07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Macleods of Achunahanait and various spellings there after
« Reply #64 on: Monday 23 February 15 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to everyone for their help in my search. I will take all of this information away and try to piece it together best I can. I will let you know how I get on and if I have any other questions.

Craig

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.