Author Topic: Hawarden Look up request  (Read 7981 times)

Offline shellsings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hawarden Look up request
« on: Wednesday 07 August 13 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi!

I have been on a brickwall for around 5 years  and have finally made a break through today. I was wondering if anyone with access to early records of Hawarden, Flintshire could help me smash that wall down! Here are my details below:

I found in the Chester Chronicle Newspaper a marriage notice of my 4x Great Grandparents, it helped me confirm that my GGGG Grandmother Mary Barker was from Chester and her father's name and occupation. It also listed my GGGG Grandfather on the notice:

Marriage Notice
Friday 01 May 1801 ,  Chester Chronicle ,  Cheshire, England
Type:  FamilyNotice

A few days ago in London, Mr Jepson son of Mr Jepson of Hawarden, to Miss Mary Barker, daughter of the late Mr Barker of Bridge Street Row, tailor.

This shows my ancestor Mr Jepson's father was from Hawarden. I know my ancestor was John Jepson and when he died in 1838 in Richmond Surrey he was 62 years old. This would make his birth year as 1776. I checked on family search and saw a baptism of a John Jepson on 1st August 1776 in Hawarden. Could someone please confirm the parents? They were not listed on the site. I would also love some details of the parents birth years etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated as this line means a great deal to me.

Kind regards

Michelle

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Look up request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:24 BST (UK) »
The image on FindMyPast says George and Mary Jepson of Hawarden  :)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:26 BST (UK) »
The record is on FindMyPast 

John Jepson at Hawarden 1 Aug 1776 parents George and Mary.  They are listed as from Hawarden

Kay

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:27 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage of a George Jepson to a Mary Tey at St Katherine Coleman, London in 1768  :-\
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:30 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage of George Jepson to Mary Clutton in the same parish Hawarden in 1765 - by Banns 11 Feb.  Both of the parish

Kay

Offline shellsings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much I only have access to Ancestry and these records are not on there. Are there any other children listed born to this couple?

Michelle

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much I only have access to Ancestry and these records are not on there. Are there any other children listed born to this couple?

Michelle

Yep, 10!
Will do a list now..
Deirdre

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
Mary 1766 (1 Jan)
Cath 1767 (12 Aug)
Cath 1769 (4 Aug)
Elizth 1771 (12 Jun)
Thos 1772 (4 Nov)
George 1774 (27 Oct)
John 1776 (1 Aug)
George 1778 (23 Apr)
Fanny 1780 (19 Jun)
Robert 1780 - sorry his parents were Thomas and Eliz, so 9 altogether inc John.
Will look for burials...

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:40 BST (UK) »
There is a possible birth for George Jepson in the parish 26 July 1741 with father Thomas - the older? of Broad Lane

Kay