Author Topic: Fournet family in Évran, Brittany  (Read 1366 times)

Offline hmc86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fournet family in Évran, Brittany
« on: Thursday 08 August 13 11:54 BST (UK) »
I've reached a giant brick wall with regards to my great-grandmother and I was wondering if anybody could help me. Her name was Virginie Marie Joseph Fournet. She died in 1918 at the age of 28 and her death certificate says she was originally from Évran but I can't find records of anyone by that name either living in that area or travelling to the UK. The only things I know for sure is that she was in Cheshire in February 1917 (my grandmother was born there and put up for adoption) and that she died in Cleethorpes in October 1918 and is buried there.
I know there was a sister or an aunt of Virginie's living in the 1960s, I think somewhere in the Loire.
If this ties into anyone else's family or anyone knows how to find any helpful records, I'll be very grateful.

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fournet family in Évran, Brittany
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 August 13 15:24 BST (UK) »
birth cert. n° 6   Virginie Marie Joseph Fournet , born on 21/01/1890 at 01:00 o’clock, in Evran,  registered on the same day at 15:00 
parents   -   François Fournet, 48 years old, shoemaker  and Anne Bardoult, 42 years old, housewife,  residing  at Bétineuc in Evran.
witnesses  -  Joseph Rouxel, 27 years old, laborer, residing at Léhon  and Jean-Marie Bagas, 47 years old, laborer, residing at Evran

http://archives.cotesdarmor.fr/      (Archives départementales des Côtes d’Armor)

click on  :  “Archives en Ligne”   →   “Registres paroissiaux et d’état civil”  →  “Accéder à l'outil de recherche”  →  “‘ENTRER”  → “J’accepte ces conditions”  →  the “E”  →  “EVRAN”  →  “Registres d'état civil de 1792 à 1906”
then on “1888” or “1893” (next to n° 15)  -  then click on an image,   insert page number 116 at the top right  (next to “Autre image”)

You can search the index (next to the numbers 49 and 50) to find more about the family

B - baptême = baptism
M - mariage =  marriage
S - sépulture  = burial
N - Naissance  = Born
D - Décès  = Death
TD - Table décennale = decennial table  (index)

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 August 13 19:32 BST (UK) »
There is unlikely to be any record of her or relatives travelling to the UK, as incoming passenger lists do generally not include ship lists coming from Europe.

Look out for marginal notes (additional writing on the sides of birth documents, added later, as a reference to marriages, deaths, etc).  e.g.
Marie Francoise Jeanne Fournet, daughter of François Fournet and Anne Bardou, married 7 Oct 1904 in Évran to Aimé Riquet - she was b. Dec 21 1882, and a marginal note on her birth shows both her marriage in 1904 and her death, 2nd April 1974, in Tours (which would make her the sister the family knew of in the 1960s).

If you want to look for relatives/people research the same family, try: http://www.geneanet.org/

The Côtes d’Armor archives also have "lists nominatives" (censuses) but they are not name indexed. There are about 70 pages per year and they do list the street name/area on the left hand margin.  I checked every 5/10 pages until I found Bétineuc.  (note that women are usually under maiden name even after marriage)

1891 - they are on page 21 of the census for Evran. Virginie and two older children (Henri 7 and Marie 8) with parents.
1896 - they are on page 40.  Same family members as 1891
1901 - page 21 - parents and the two girls

(there are 1906 and 1911 censuses also available, and earlier ones, I only had a quick check)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hmc86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 August 13 20:25 BST (UK) »
 :o I've been trying to find this information for a good five years and you guys have found it in less than 12 hours. You have no idea how amazed I am at this. Thank you so much!
It seems I have a lot more searching to do but now I have somewhere to start! Merci beaucoup!  ;D

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 August 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hello

Marriage 05/FEB/1882 Evran

François Marie Michel  FOURNET, shoemaker, and Anne BARDOULT

http://sallevirtuelle.cotesdarmor.fr/EC/ecx/consult.aspx?image=090025481749676

Frame 103

Parents :

Michel FOURNET and ?
Barthélemy BARDOULT and Anne LEVAVASSEUR

http://gw.geneanet.org/thomemax?lang=en&iz=3245&p=francois+marie+michel&n=fournet

http://gw.geneanet.org/mfequet?n=bardoult&oc=&p=barthelemi