Author Topic: The veighey family  (Read 4579 times)

Offline nic0jones2013

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The veighey family
« on: Thursday 08 August 13 22:01 BST (UK) »
I am trying to research my great grandma's side of the family  the veighey's from Naas my Great grandma Was Harriet Veighey Born 1899 in Naas i know her father was William Veighey and Her mother was Maria Pierson, i know her father was from Armagh but can not be sure who his father is i have hit a brick wall as i don't know much about my Irish connection even though my Nana Maureen Harriet's daughter was also born in Naas but then they moved to England in 1922 sometime when she was a baby so i am doing a family tree to see what i can find out about the Irish family we have
NICOLA

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The veighey family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 August 13 22:55 BST (UK) »
Veighey thread on the Cavan board but they originate from Armagh:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=253468.0

Your William was the son of Matthew Veighey and Harriet Duncan. They were married in Cavan and the other known children were born in Cavan but Matthew was from Grange Parish, Armagh. His son William was probably born while they were visiting family.

Offline nic0jones2013

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 August 13 09:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information that as been a big help i am surprised to learn that there has been some other Veighey's posting on this site and reading through some of the threads what were posted a few years ago it appears that even my great grandmothers brother who was called William Richard Veighey as been speaking to one of the members on here as the information he told her about his parents William and Maria who lived in Kildare are the same parents of my great grandmother Harriet Veighey
NICOLA

Offline Gartside

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 June 16 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am trying to find out which town my grandmother, Harriet Veighey was born in and when she married my grandfather Benjamin Fredrick Gartside, from Yorkshire? Harriet was born in 1899.
Also, can anyone confirm who Harriet's parents were and what counties in Ireland  they were from? When did Harriet emigrate to England? Thanks for any help from anyone out there.

Gartside, Veighey, Harrison.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 June 16 08:56 BST (UK) »
There are 3 threads on this same family- see links posted earlier to other 2 topics.

I am trying to find out which town my grandmother, Harriet Veighey was born in... birth registered Naas registration district- her birth certificate will give exact place of birth- townland or street address.

and when she married my grandfather Benjamin Fredrick Gartside, from Yorkshire? ... married 1921 Naas registration district-
Harriet Veighey- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FYFD-63N
Benjamin Frederick Gartside- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FYFD-F6F
married 25 April 1921- http://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/2efa756415043

Also, can anyone confirm who Harriet's parents were and what counties in Ireland  they were from?... read the 3 threads

When did Harriet emigrate to England?... no records were kept of people travelling between Ireland and England, Scotland & Wales. Sometimes you can narrow down the date by births of children or other records. Also, other family members might know more details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gartside

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 June 16 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I managed to get the Irish Genealogy link to show me the marriage date and registration number. Great. But, when I tried to get the same website to pull up Harriet Veighey's birth certificate, it doesn't come up with any details just a number: Group Registration ID   10544934
Can you help me?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 June 16 10:20 BST (UK) »
You'll need to order the certificate to get the details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gartside

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 June 16 16:51 BST (UK) »
You'll need to order the certificate to get the details.
I can't order her birth certificate without know exactly where Harriet was born, like in a hospital or what street address. It's a bit of : 'theirs a hole in my bucket..'