Author Topic: Llety, Rhoscolyn in the 1860's  (Read 21722 times)

Offline richardemlyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llety, Rhoscolyn in the 1860's
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 May 15 20:40 BST (UK) »
Susan,

I'm in the middle of something here so this will be a quick reply. John married Mary 26/11/1902 at Hhead Register Office, if you want the Registrar's ref for a certificate its Anglesey West 16,5,9.  John's father was also John Williams, Trefadog, Llanfaethlu. Mary's 2nd husband was Trevor Owen b 03/03/1897 Beaumaris 38,14,66 address on wedding day was 1 Cae Mawr Llanddaniel Fab,(son of Thomas Owen and Ann Owen) One of their children was Ann Jane Owen b 02/08/1919 Hen Gapel Llanddaniel who married Robert Hughes Lewis b 26/09/1915, one of their children is Gillian who is Taffy on this thread and lives in Australia. There is more and I'm sure Gillian and BerylWyn will be more than delighted to join in this discussion and may well respond as well as they have more detail info than I have. I think Ann Jane Owen and my dad were cousins so I'm interested in what ur interested in. Can you tell which Lewis ur helping out? Must dash but will check this site later.
Richard Rowlands   

Offline SusanDavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 May 15 22:16 BST (UK) »
Learning how to use roots chat... new to me...
Thanks for your reply.
I'm helping Gilliam Lewis from Holyhead, now in Australia! I see you two have chatted too.
I've done quite a bit of work for her but she and I are stumped by this first marriage. Thanks for your info on the matter as I was unable to find that marriage.
I'll look for it thank you. Diolch yn fawr iawn!

Offline richardemlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 May 15 23:07 BST (UK) »
Susan,

Nice to hear from you earlier on, sorry it was short and sweet, I'm overloading here but wish more people in the Rowlands line would come on roots.
You should be able to get more from the 1901 Census for John Williams and hopefully take that line back a long way. Happy hunting. There are a couple of others interested in this line and they are very good and very helpful if you need anything.  On the lighter side, whatever Gill tells you about me, well, I didn't do half of it. But we both like a good leg pull, you should know what I mean.  :) :)
Best wishes, keep in touch.
Richard Emlyn

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 29 May 15 11:01 BST (UK) »
Posted on behalf of Berylwyn who had accidentally clicked on the wrong button and sent this message to me. :)

I jumped the gun Aled and should have investigated more before contacting you. It was concerning Robert Jones and what I thought I had seen could have changed our family tree. As you already know Robert Jones, is the son of Edward and Mary and appears in the 1841 census, but I thought I spotted him (wrongly as it turns out)  listed as the son of Richard Rowland and his wife in Amlwch (Richard is a new child we have found for Edward and Mary and still investigating.) in the1851 census.  It turns out that old age has finally leapt, rather than sneaked up on me and what I thought I had seen in a census, turned out to be a  mistake from another tree. They had obviously copied from your tree, but had added Robert Jones as a son to the wrong man and the mistake is being carried on. I wasted hours trying to find the 1851 census again,  convinced that's where I had seen his name. How daft is that!

Through this mistake though, I spotted that many people have this Richard Rowland down as the son of Edward Rowland but have not made the connection with the three Rowland's we have in our tree. Richard has checked the birth of this Richard Rowland and has found an entry for him with his parent named as Edward and Mary Rowland. The only problem is, is that he was born in Amlwch, but as we don't know where Mary came from, it could be that she went home for the birth, or was visiting and went into early labour etc.

If you have time, would you go onto my family tree and look at a document that I found and has been added to Edward Rowland for the time being?
Love to hear what you think.
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 12:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah for the re-posting...

update :  land tax 1798 Edward Rowland of Pum LLog Trewalchmai (good work Beryl :)... )...

NLW wills 1821 Hugh Griffiths( no relation !!!) of Pum LLog otherwise Sarn Engan...which leads us to...

15 oct 1782 Burgess Roll...Rowland Edwards of Tyddyn Sarn Engan and Edward Edwards of the same...

Something to go on maybe !!!

regards
Aled

Offline Berylwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 13:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aled. I found Edward Edwards in the land tax 1798, after finding Edward Rowland and wondered if they are entries for the same man, Father and Son or two brothers? I need to go back and look through the earlier marriage certificates as I think on one, the father's name appears as Edward Edwards, when all the other information we have, points to a  clerical error and it should read Edward Rowland. This may still be the case but I think it is worth looking into again.
best wishes
Beryl

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Beryl, is the address on the land tax for Edward Edwards pum llog ?

It could be that Edward Edwards is the father of Rowland Edwards father of Edward Rowland father of John....time to get searching :)

Offline Berylwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Aled, I will check this evening and get back to you. Beryl

Offline Berylwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 01 May 17 17:48 BST (UK) »
Jenny if you happen to see this, Amazon won't allow me to reply to your email as I am not a member at the moment.