Author Topic: PITSFORD look up request -FAULKENER family 1700s  (Read 1724 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PITSFORD look up request -FAULKENER family 1700s
« on: Saturday 10 August 13 21:35 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone may please be able to look up the above Faulkner family in Pitsford.

An ancestor John Chambers of Moulton married Susanna Faulkener of Pitsford in Pitsford in 1753.

I would like to know if she was from from Pitsford and if any information on the family survives in the parish registers.

Many thanks,
Jon

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PITSFORD look up request -FAULKENER family 1700s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 August 13 22:13 BST (UK) »
Susanna FALKNER daughter of  John & Elisabeth was baptised 07 January 1733 at Pitsford

(I have noticed from my Falkner’s, not connected, that sometimes its Falkner and others Faulkner and other variations too)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PITSFORD look up request -FAULKENER family 1700s
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 August 17 06:36 BST (UK) »
Hi davidft,

Thank you for replying to my message in 2013. Somehow I never saw the reply then so great apologies for not acknowledging it at the time.

The Northampton registers are of course now online at ancestry so I have been able to dig around further and have found the baptism of Susanna and her siblings in Pisford/Pitsford.

John and Elizabeth Falkner/Faulkner had the following children baptised at Pitsford, although I have not found their marriage:

William Faulkner 1730–1731
William Falkner/Faulkner 1732–aft 1773
Susanna/Susannah Faulkner/Chambers 1733–1807 (my ancestor)
Thomas Faulkner 1734–1735
Thomas Faulkner 1735–
Elizabeth/Elisabeth Faulkner Junr. 1738–1759

There is a burial for Susanna daughter of John & Elizabeth on 30 March 1733 in the parish register but this whole entry was crossed through and does not appear in the Bishop's Transcripts so evidently an error.

John Faulkner appears to have been buried in 1784 and his wife Elizabeth Faulkner senior was also buried in 1759, the same year as he namesake daughter.

There is a burial in 1729 in Pitsford for Thomas Falkner 'Husbandman' and there is a will for him which I have just asked to order. I suspect he is the father of John, but we shall see.

With thanks and kind regards,
Jon