Author Topic: Silletts in Stonham Aspall, Suffolk  (Read 5509 times)

Offline calvin007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Silletts in Stonham Aspall, Suffolk
« on: Monday 12 August 13 10:39 BST (UK) »
I have a William Sillett born ~ 1783 who married a Deborah Lockwood and later Amy Ward.The census information from 1841-1861 lists him as living in Whitton,Ipswich Suffolk with the 1861 census listing his birthplace as Stonham.
From the baptisms the only William Sillett I can locate baptised around the correct time was listed as the son of William Baptised in Stonham Aspall Suffolk 06/07/1783.
Unfortunately it does not list his mother.
All other children baptised around the same time are listed as the children of William and Jemima Sillett.
Could Jemima also be his mother?
Is it worth pursuing the baptism records or would it still list him as only the son of William?

Any help would really be appreciated

Offline Mike Turner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Silletts in Stonham Aspall, Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Calvin,

I've only just come across your query.

There is a marriage, in the Stonham Aspall parish registers, between William Sillett and Mary Clark, on 6th September 1767. I think that these are your William's parents. I have four children for them:-

Elizabeth Sillett, baptised 27 March 1768
Hannah Sillett, baptised 2 July 1775
William Sillett, bapt. 21 December 1777, bur. 13 March 1779 and
William Sillett, bapt 6 July 1783.

William Sillett and Jemima Sheldrake were married on 31 December 1781 in Mickfield, and had 9 children that I know of. I am pretty confident that this is a different William.

Mike.
Hammond, Sillett, Packard, Ling, Robinson, Raven, Wilgress, Wright

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Silletts in Stonham Aspall, Suffolk
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys
I have a Jemima Sheldrake b1760 Suffolk in my tree married to a William Sillett b1758 - not been able to confirm only going off familysearch
I also have A James Sheldrake/Eliza Mann, James Sheldrake b1830/Charlotte Holmes and a Henry Sheldrake b1853/Mary A Sillet
I was trying to find out if Jemima was part of Henrys family a generation or so earlier
can get a bit confusing
Mary A Sillet was the daughter of George Sillett who married an Elizabeth Rose my side of family
now George  was the son of George Codd and Lydia Sillett ( he should have been a Codd but the only record I can find is that he took his mothers surname of Sillet (something maybe a bit fishy here ::)
Anyway if you have any further info please let me know