Author Topic: Robert Gordon Dunlop  (Read 2795 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Gordon Dunlop
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 19:59 BST (UK) »
Just curious, but am I reading/understanding Free BMD wrong. Looking at the marriage reference, it seems to indicate Elizabeth Ann Smith, going on by how the individual record colouring is.

Regards

Malky

Its given as Elizabeth A Jones on Lancashire BMD.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Unė kthimi i papenduar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 20:24 BST (UK) »
I agree with Malky on his understanding of the free BDM.    In passing it was in the Sept quarter of 1895 not 1894.     The question is - what is on the certificate?

In both the 1901 and 1911 census there was a niece Amy Evans born 1894 Wrexham  (Doris Amelia Evans), the same place as Elizabeth.    There was a marriage (1893) in Wrexham between an Evans  (this is where the same problem arises) and Mary E Jones or Emily Smith.   There was a subsequent death of a Mary E Evans in 1901.

Purchase of the marriage Dunlop certificate is called for.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 June 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
Just curious, but am I reading/understanding Free BMD wrong. Looking at the marriage reference, it seems to indicate Elizabeth Ann Smith, going on by how the individual record colouring is.

If you mean the fact that some of the entries are in bold and others are not, this has nothing at all to do with who married whom. In FreeBMD, every entry is keyed by two volunteers. If the two entries match exactly, the entry appears in bold. If it has only been keyed in once, or twice and the two readings don't match, it appears in normal type, not bold.

I see I'm a bit late with this, but if you look at it now, four years on, both grooms' names are in bold and one of the brides, but the other bride is still in normal type.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ChristinaJAC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 August 17 02:50 BST (UK) »
Ive just joined this site and i'm hoping its not too late in joining the discussion.
Its been a bit of a family secret that my great grandmother Aimee Evans Jones was born into the Dunlop household and was brought up as one of they're own. Her mother was a servant apparently in the household in Hoylake.We have no birth certificate for her and no parental names except her father was stated somewhere to be a Thomas Jones?

Offline ChristinaJAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 August 17 03:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks,though it is the Elizabeth Ann Jones who he married that is of interest to me.The trouble is of course that it appears that the marriage was a non church one in 1894?I'm pretty confident that another Jones relative is with the couple in 1901 in Hoylake Cheshire given as a Servant.

Of course the object of this is to find someone that may have him in their Tree and have some info.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Ive just joined this site and i'm hoping its not too late in joining the discussion.
Its been a bit of a family secret that my great grandmother Aimee Evans Jones was born into the Dunlop household and was brought up as one of they're own. Her mother was a servant apparently in the household in Hoylake.We have no birth certificate for her and no parental names except her father was stated somewhere to be a Thomas Jones?

Offline ChristinaJAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 August 17 03:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks,though it is the Elizabeth Ann Jones who he married that is of interest to me.The trouble is of course that it appears that the marriage was a non church one in 1894?I'm pretty confident that another Jones relative is with the couple in 1901 in Hoylake Cheshire given as a Servant.

Of course the object of this is to find someone that may have him in their Tree and have some info.

Regards
William Russell Jones.