Author Topic: Abraham MOORE Lenaderg (Tullylish, Down)  (Read 7443 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Re: ABRAHAM MOORE LENADERG (TULLYLISH, DOWN)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 18:24 BST (UK) »
If the children married, then it will have been after 1922. Since you think they lived in Tyrone or Armagh, that points to needing to search GRONI’s indexes.
Hi,

Once again thank you so much for all your help. I will. try GRONI as you suggest. Fingers crossed!
Regards
Jane
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 August 13 18:39 BST (UK) »
I notice an Abraham Moore, a tenant of John Johnston was living in 1864 in Johnston's Row (Off High Street), Lurgan in the civil parish of Shankill in the county of ?, see www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 April 15 15:57 BST (UK) »
After leaving this side of my family for a while I have taken it off the back-burner.  I am back on  Grandfather "Abraham Moore Man of Mystery"!

Through this site I discovered my Grandfather had a first marriage and family no one knew about.
I again trying to find the three children from this marriage.

I am  looking for any information on The children of Abraham and Elizabeth Moore, who appear on 1911 Census living in Lenaderg - children, Elizabeth (5) , Samuel James (4)  and Margaret. They could possibly have married and settled in Tyrone or Armagh.
Jane

I registered with GRONI to find possible  marriages for the 3 children.  However, the search keeps asking for day, month and year of marriage.  I can only guess at years from their ages.  I must be using the site incorrectly. Or is this site just for obtaining certificates?  Elwyn Souter mentioned in reply , BMD not available online  in Northern Ireland from 1922 :'(

I think possibly these three ended up in Tyrone/Armagh.  My late  mother mentioned "cousins" who lived there., it is possible these were actually her half brothers and sisters.  Years ago we visited one on a farm - I was only 10!  If only I had started this when she was alive she could probably have helped a lot.

If it is  a case of records not kept. What can I try next?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Jane

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 April 15 19:46 BST (UK) »
sorry error Jimg
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Abraham MOORE Lenaderg (Tullylish, Down)
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 April 15 20:11 BST (UK) »
Does this earlier record interest anybody
http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/down/tithe-applotment-books/seapatrick-parish.php#.VTFUc0uDoY

Thanks for reply.

Not sure of the relevance? Sorry. Had quick look. A few Moore`s but I don't go back that far. Forgive me if I am not understanding. How does this help me?