Author Topic: NOWLAN and CAVANAGH families, Castledermot area  (Read 4140 times)

Offline joytun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
NOWLAN and CAVANAGH families, Castledermot area
« on: Wednesday 14 August 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
I have recently traced my line back to an ANNE NOWLAN baptised at Castledermot on 6 April 1811, dr. of JOHN NOWLAN and ANNE CAVANAGH.  She appears to have had the following siblings - MARIA baptised 1802, ELIZABETH baptised 1806 (most likely died young) as another ELIZABETH baptised 1813 and GERARD baptised 1815.
If anyone knows more about these families it would be great to hear from them.
ANNE NOWLAN married TIMOTHY BREEN in 1837 at Castledermot.  I have some information on this line, and of course,  I am also researching the BREEN family.  TIMOTHY was born about 1801 but I have nothing to say he was definitely born in Co.Kildare.  TIMOTHY and ANNE BREEN went on to live near Blessington.
Joy

Offline JoannaNolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: NOWLAN and CAVANAGH families, Castledermot area
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 February 14 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my great grandmother was called Mary Cavanagh born in 1904 who married a Nolan, I don't know his first name because I've been told he ran off to marry another woman and washed his hands of his son William Joesph Nolan born 1937. Mary's parents were William Cavanagh, known as Billy. And Kate Moran, neither of which I have birthdates for.
Hope this can help :)

Offline JoannaNolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 February 14 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Also my father is a John Gerard (possibly named after ancestors?)

Offline joytun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 February 14 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Joanna for your reply.  I haven't made any progress with the CAVANAGHs and NOLAN/NOWLANs, so at this stage I can't say if there is a link to mine.   Do you know when WILLIAM CAVANAGH married KATE MORAN, and where the marriage took place?   If after 1864, we could then order a copy of the Registration which would give us the names of the fathers.    It is interesting that you are a NOLAN and that GERARD is part of your father's name.
Joy

Offline JoannaNolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 February 14 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't have any info apart from their names but I will ask my great aunt if she knows anything :)