Author Topic: mystery ann e  (Read 4364 times)

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
mystery ann e
« on: Tuesday 14 June 05 11:58 BST (UK) »
 ::)hi i have a gggranma ann e.(married name lyton or leighton)she was born 1857 in most possibly okengates shropshire(unsure of correct spelling so sorry if im wrong)she married a john l layton/leighton.they had quite a few children.in clueding my ggranma mary elizabeth layton.born 1883.someone has helped me find them in co durham where they were in 1891.does anyone have a ann e (something).who married and moved to the north or who jut movd to the north.i know its a very long shot but well i can only try.thanks julie.
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: mystery ann e
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 12:32 BST (UK) »
Do you know Anne's maiden name?  The 1881 census shows an Ann Heathcote wife of James born 1857, Okengates Shropshire - James could have died and she re-married. 

Gill
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:04 BST (UK) »
This looks like them in 1881

John LEIGHTON   Head   M   Male   23   Baguilt Flint Wales   Coal Miner     
Eliz. LEIGHTON   Wife   M   Female   24   Oakengates Shropshire
Margt. LEIGHTON   Daur      Female   4   Croxdale, Durham
Joseph HUGHES   Lodger   U   Male   22   Flint, Wales   Coal Miner Putter 

Tudhoe, Durham, England
RG11  4958 / 107
Page  13

Age and place of birth look right for the wife - she was probably Elizabeth Ann/Ann Elizabeth

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:39 BST (UK) »
I think this is John with his family in 1871.  They are down as Latton, but if you look at the 1881 record, the same Joseph Hues/Hughs is with them and also the same Stephen (lodger) that was with them in 1891 is a possible brother to John

Latton
John Latton b1818  Flint, Wales Head 
Mary Latton b 1819  Flint, Wales Wife 
William Latton b 1856  Flint, Wales Son 
John Latton b 1858  Flint, Wales Son 
Benjamen Latton b 1860  Flint, Wales Son 
Stephen Latton b 1863  Flint, Wales Son 
Joseph Hues b1859  Flint, Wales Grandson

RG10/4912 folio 22 page 37
RD    Stockton
SubRD   Sedgefield
ED   18
Parish Trimdon

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:51 BST (UK) »
thank you .this could possibly be them.but where is his wife ann/elizabeth.in her place is a mary.could ann elizabeth be his second wife.its a good point about the lodger though.quite a big coinsedence.did they change names as much as this i have now three different spellings on the name layton.thank you julie.
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:53 BST (UK) »
Do you know Anne's maiden name?  The 1881 census shows an Ann Heathcote wife of James born 1857, Okengates Shropshire - James could have died and she re-married. 

Gill
i dont know if im ansering you right but im afriad i dont have her maiden name at all.oh shes a challenge.thank you.
lloyd

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:55 BST (UK) »
This looks like them in 1881

John LEIGHTON   Head   M   Male   23   Baguilt Flint Wales   Coal Miner     
Eliz. LEIGHTON   Wife   M   Female   24   Oakengates Shropshire
Margt. LEIGHTON   Daur      Female   4   Croxdale, Durham
Joseph HUGHES   Lodger   U   Male   22   Flint, Wales   Coal Miner Putter 

Tudhoe, Durham, England
RG11  4958 / 107
Page  13

Age and place of birth look right for the wife - she was probably Elizabeth Ann/Ann Elizabeth
yes i think this is them.im going to have to dig a bit deeper to find the rest.but i thank you very much.julie
lloyd

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 13:56 BST (UK) »
Julie

The 1871 record with John and Mary as wife is your John with his parents (before he married Ann/Elizabeth).

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 14:16 BST (UK) »
 ::)hi sorry i have reread it and i now see what you mean.i have only been doing this for about five months or so and still get confused with things.would this be normal then for the names to change so much.i now have john and ann leighton  in 1881 thanks to you i can see its the same family.as they also have john hughes as a lodger.i do thank you.julie.
lloyd