Author Topic: Looking for my Father Thomas Brendan Duffy  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Bgatty68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for my Father Thomas Brendan Duffy
« on: Thursday 15 August 13 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for any information about my Dad Thomas Brendan Duffy. The information I do have is that he was born in Dundalk in the mid 1940's and that he moved to London UK to the Cricklewood area and became a driving instructor. He met my mum - and then they moved to  Milton Keynes although they never married, but my dad left when I was about 3 or 4 years old, so just over 40 years ago and I haven't seen him since and it is not a subject that is spoken about much by my mum, so all the information I have put on here has come from other family members. I have been told he had a brother that may have moved to Dublin but I'm not sure how true this is, I have tried searching for any Thomas Duffys born in that area in 1944/45 but can't seem to find anything, and also I'm not sure if he moved back to Ireland or Cricklewood after they split up.
Any information would be great and really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Father Thomas Brendan Duffy
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 August 13 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Bgatty68,

Welcome to RootsChat. :)

I have had to do a few edits to your post as you were posting to much specific information on two living people (your Mother and Father) as we do not allow the publishing of living people on RootsChat.  This however does not prevent us trying to help, and any private information can be passed within our private message system (PM) which you can use when you have done a couple more  posts.

Regards
Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bgatty68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Father Thomas Brendan Duffy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 August 13 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah,
Oops sorry about that I didn't realise about people that are living.
This is a great website I'm glad I found it and hope someone on here can help me.