Author Topic: Lookup for burial records  (Read 2937 times)

Offline rayrussell2000uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup for burial records
« on: Friday 16 August 13 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I am trying to find out where in Livepool my great grandparents were buried and then would like to get a headstone photo if possible.

Their details are as follow:

Daniel Joseph Russell died 20th May 1979 at Walton Hospital Liverpool.

Louisa Russell died 25th August 1998 at Belmont grange nursing home, anfield, Liverpool.

If anybody could help with burial locations and headstone photos that would be amazing!

Thank you.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for burial records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 August 13 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Are you sure they were buried and not cremated?

If buried - you would need to contact the Liverpool Records Office to find where they are buried.  They charge a fee per cemetary searched

The likeliest cemetary is Anfield so you could try contacting Allerton Cemetary first who (I think) hold the records for Anfield to see if they can confirm burial and plot number and whether there is a headstone.  You would need the plot number as Anfield is huge.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for burial records
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 August 13 00:35 BST (UK) »
This is an extract from a 2008 post on Rootschat so there would be no fee as you have all the details

I have been in touch with Anfield cemetery records.There is a fee of £10-00 for a search,but if you know the year and exact month, the persons/s name, there is no fee.I know the name,age,year,and qtr.but they need to know the exact month if not they will charge the £10-00 fee.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)