Author Topic: trealaw cemetery plot w883  (Read 418 times)

Offline angela mean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
trealaw cemetery plot w883
« on: Friday 16 August 13 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Can anyone help point me in the right direction please? My aunt a child evacuee during WW2 was sent to Penygraig died of scarlet fever and was buried in plot w883 Trealaw Cemetery. The plot was already occupied by a Mrs Elizabeth Mary Llewellyn who had died in 1936, she had lived in Penygraig. My aunt died at 4 years old in 1941. At a later date Thomas John Llewellyn was also buried in the same plot.
Can anyone take a photo of this plot as I would like to see if there is a headstone and does it mention my aunt or not. As I am not sure if the Llewellyn's were known to the family in Penygraig who had taken in my aunt as an evacuee.
How can if at all I find out help my father does not know and has never visited the plot where his sister lies.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: trealaw cemetery plot w883
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 August 13 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela,

I think that this Link may answer your query as to why your Aunt was buried in the Llewellyn family grave:   

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0vru/

It shows that a child evacuee to Wales who died in an accident, was buried in the place that he was evacuated to. I'm guessing that this must have been the proceedure for evacuee deaths during WW2, - and presumably explains why your late Aunt was buried in the place that she died, and not where her family lived normally.

Also, - scarlet fever was an infectious disease, - and so burial would have to happen asap.

Hopefully someone who lives locally will be able to help you with a photo.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.