Author Topic: Birth of James Arthur Smith, 1915/16 Saskatchewan  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of James Arthur Smith, 1915/16 Saskatchewan
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 August 13 10:24 BST (UK) »

Jacquie the spelling for the place name  on1916 census for Thomas Stephens is spelled Rozilee.

The name was changed to Shellbrook Oct 20,1923.Rozilee formed Jan 1,1913.

Thanks. I think I found a mention of a granddaughter of William Stephens in a local family history book with that information:
http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=579269&qryID=42212007-50be-4707-81a3-27b23b25b4cb

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 August 13 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Sorry I haven't given much sign of life lately.

Just to let you know I've got in touch with a relative of the Smith family and we have been comparing notes since. They didn't know Arthur had died during the war, so that's news for them too.

I wouldn't have mananged without your help, many thanks to you all.

If I hear from the library at Shellbrook (no news thus far) I'll post the news.

All the best!
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)

Offline clarefromledbury

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 June 16 08:31 BST (UK) »
HI, THIS THREAD HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR SOMETIME. WHEN THE WEDDING OF ARTHUR SMITH TO EVELYN ELEANOR JAMES WAS ANNOUNCED IN THE NEWSPAPER - LEDBURY REPORTER, ARTHUR IS QUOTED AS BEING THE ELDEST SON OF REV. JOSEPH SMITH OF HORNBY YORKSHIRE.

EVELYN AND ARTHUR'S SECOND SON IS NAMED DONALD HORNBY SMITH.