Author Topic: William John Gabbie Vet in Dundalk  (Read 11389 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William John Gabbie Vet in Dundalk
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 October 14 10:31 BST (UK) »
It sounds as you have neither a birth nor marriage certificate for your Samuel Whan so  how do you know anything about his parents?

Samuel Whan of Dundalk was a son of Henry Hazlett Whan:
"Letters of Administration (with the Will annexed) of the personal estate of Henry Hazlett Whan late of Killywillyhan County Tyrone Farmer who died 18 June 1879 at same place were granted at Armagh to Samuel Whan of Dundalk County Louth Merchant a Son."

That matches the birth extract for Samuel son of Henry H. Whan & Ann Jane McReynolds I posted earlier.

Henry & Ann Jane had several other children so it sounds as though 'Eliza' is an error.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline eakin167

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 July 15 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Dot Boyd  i have just joined today Benjamin Whan b 1842 d June 1915 married Mary Ekin 12th December 1862 in Moneymore Pres church his father was Isaac. Benjamin and Mary had 6 children
Mary,Isaac,Samuel,Margaret Hall,John and Agnes Jane some of the Whan family went to the USA i have more details if anyone would like. Mary Eakin brother William b 1839 d1923 married Matilda Doghery b1835 d1924 they had 5 children Elizabeth,William,Mary,John,Gabriel. Mary was born 1875
and died Magherafelt hospital 1971 she married John James Greer b 1864 d1940
Regards Brian Eakin

Offline Dot Boyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 July 15 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just got your message.  That John Greer was from Ballymoile, Moneymore and was my fathers uncle
Johnnie, Mary was his second wife .Would like to ask if you knew the Todds from Belfast met them on several occasions in greataunt Mary's .

Offline eakin167

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 July 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just got your message.  That John Greer was from Ballymoile, Moneymore and was my fathers uncle
Johnnie, Mary was his second wife .Would like to ask if you knew the Todds from Belfast met them on several occasions in greataunt Mary's .
No i havnt any info on the Todds just Whan and Ekin