Author Topic: Cashin Family of Patrick  (Read 9624 times)

Offline blackfalcon77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cashin Family of Patrick
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 July 14 20:38 BST (UK) »
Several of the names in the book are not on the "manxnotebook" website, Frances. And it's also not free if you want all the names, you have to buy a cd.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 July 14 20:48 BST (UK) »
the free online doc is a straight copy of the volume published by Manx Society in 1868 as volune XIV in an HTML format (http://www.manxnotebook.com/manxsoc/msvol14/index.htm )- it is complete (taken from my original copy) - but split between parishes for convenience - can you please quote a name that I have missed - the CD contains much additional info mainly of my summaries of land deeds and transcriptions from other documents done over the last 15 years together with scanned maps and larger images
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline blackfalcon77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 August 14 21:04 BST (UK) »
The names and dates after 1760 for the Parish of Patrick. And those dates and names that are missing after 1760 in the Patrick Parish section under the "Parish Register Transcriptions" link on the "manxnotebook.com" website, were shown in the book that I posted.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 August 14 21:13 BST (UK) »
yes I spend considerable time transcribing/summarising docs - the cost of £8 (or equivalent) is I think a reasonable amount to pay - those who have bought my CD seem very happy with it - the info is continually being added to - but as the Mormons filmed many (tho not all) docs you can, of course, rent individual films and do your own transcription and then publish this online yourself

Offline blackfalcon77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 August 14 21:41 BST (UK) »
So then don't ask me to quote names that are missing and act like they are there when you know that I am correct and they are not, Frances. That is just dishonest. And don't post "it's free online at www.manxnotebook.com - look under each parish" after I share a link to a book on "MY POST."

Offline blackfalcon77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 August 14 21:45 BST (UK) »
Awesome book right here on the Isle of Man. Has many names and dates not on the Manxnotebook.com website. Courtesy of Frances, thanks Frances.

https://archive.org/details/memorialsgodsac00harrgoog

;D

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 August 14 21:54 BST (UK) »
that book is free online look at what the University has scanned and my own scanning of the same out of copyright 1868 publication (editor Wm Harrison) - what is not free are the various transcriptions of Parish Registers etc though there are versions available on the old IGI and now I think Ancestry and as I have pointed out also on www.imuseum.im - however due to gaps in registers + various mis transcriptions (esp in IGI) I found it necessary to do my own mostly from the original registers and Bishops transcripts - I  have placed near 20,000 will summaries free on line (you can then go borrow the mormon film if you want a full transcription) but detailed land records (eg lib vas back to 1600) or summaries of deeds are not online - likewise the IoMFHSoc transcribed over a period of years all the memorial insciptions in Island graveyards - they sell each yard for about £10 to £15 + postage
ETA the IoMFHSoc also publish their transcription of the various burial regs in paper + now on CD (cost about £12-£15 per cd

Offline blackfalcon77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 August 14 03:19 BST (UK) »
You forgot one thing, the parish registry transcriptions are in the book I posted at the link above. 

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 August 14 20:31 BST (UK) »
I am now locking this post with a PM to blackfalcon77

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk