Author Topic: Free access to Swedish records on Arkivdigital  (Read 3848 times)

Offline shastalily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Free access to Swedish records on Arkivdigital
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 20:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for all your help! I'm still not sure that Samuel Jonsson and Anna Jonasdatter were the parents of Jons Samuelson but I'm assuming I should look for a household record that has him listed with them to confirm. It seems a bit strange that Johannes and Anna Lisa are so much younger than Maja. They are born at the same time that his grandchildren are being born (if he is Jons Samuelsson's father). And he would be 75 when Anna Lisa was born. Could they be someone else's children even though they are listed in his household record?

My free trial on Arkiv Digital expired so I need to figure out whether to sign up with them or Genline. Is one easier to use than the other?

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 August 13 13:00 BST (UK) »
Good point about Samuel Jonsson. I will go back and have another look.
I think I mentioned before there is virtually no difference between genline and arkivdigital, maybe one or two records different. However, arkivdigital is in colour, and personally find it easier to look at.
Both are easy to use, and provide excellent services.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 August 13 14:15 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for replying Pinefamily. x
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 August 13 21:51 BST (UK) »
No problem. Let me know how you get on,  either through here or a PM.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 11:50 BST (UK) »
I am new to the forum and am going through a lot of threads here and if you need help in translating Swedish I can help. I am from England but now have been living in Sweden for the last 20 years. I also use ArkivDigital.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 13:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jamcat. I will keep that in mind. Every now and then, I find something that stumps me.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 March 17 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 April 17 19:07 BST (UK) »
I'm still searching in vain  ::) had an Ancestry DNA test which showed a tiny amount of Scandinavian but large amount of Eastern European, which I did suspect from the surname I'm searching for, Krilovs.  Cant find any Krilovs from 1920-45 in Sweden who fit the bill although it may have been a similar spelling, Kirillovs, Krylovs, etc. I'm the only family member searching too. I'm just thinking aloud really, but do passenger lists from Latvia to Sweden exist? What state was the country in around 1920-25? If a Latvian naval captain moved to live in Sweden would he still be in the Latvian navy, or would he have to join the Swedish navy? Aleksandr Krilovs allegedly died at sea in the very late 1920's or v early 1930's....which sea is unknown.  :(
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).