Author Topic: Jeanie McCamon (Muir)  (Read 4699 times)

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jeanie McCamon (Muir)
« on: Thursday 22 August 13 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am trying to find details of my aunty, Jeanie McCamon.

She was born Jeanie Henderson Muir on 03 June 1901 in Kirkonnel Dumfries and married Robert McCamon on 30 April 1921 at St Joseph's Church Kilmarnock.

She registered her mother's death on 24 November 1959 in Kilmarnock but despite extensive searches  on Scotland's People I have not been able to ascertain her (or her husband's) date of death so that I can order a death certificate, in the hope of further clues!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best regards, John

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie McCamon (Muir)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 August 13 03:18 BST (UK) »
Hi John ,

Not sure about all the details for Robert , but have you looked at Robert McCamon death 1957 Kilmarnock Ayr , born 1901  :-\

Struggling to find any likely death for Jeanie in Scotland.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 August 13 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Ev, and thanks for your reply.

The Robert McCamon that you suggested is a distinct possibility. Jeanie's Robert was born on 03 Feb 1901. I shall certainly follow that up.

As to Jeanie's whereabouts, they are certainly a mystery!

Thanks again

Best regards, John

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 August 13 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

Where did Jeanie's mother live when she died in 1959? If it wasn't the Kilmarnock area maybe Jeanie had moved to be closer to her mother and broke her Kilmarnock connection.
Also have you considered that Jeanie may have remarried late in life...perhaps a long shot...but possible??

Looby :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 August 13 18:24 BST (UK) »
Another suggestion, just popped into my head. Did Jeanie and Robert have a family? Please note you cannot name any of their children on this site as there is a good likelihood that they are still living and it is against the rules (terms and conditions) of Rootschat to name live persons.
But if they did have children Jeanie may have eventually went to live with one of them.
Looby :)

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 August 13 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Looby, thanks for your replies.

Jeanie's mother died in Kilmarnock, and I don't know any details of any children.

My father was Jeanie's brother and apparently they were very close but it just struck me that she wasn't at his funeral in 1961.

I'm wondering if possibly she did have children who maybe moved abroad and that she went to live with one of them after her husband died, returning briefly when her mother died.

I shall send for a copy of Robert's death certificate which may give me some pointers.

Thanks again

Best regards, John

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 November 15 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello, am still trying to find Aunty Jean, however I now have further details.

She did have at least 2 children, Robert and Mary (both now deceased). Robert was born in 1922 and died in 1993, Mary's age was shown as 57 when she died in 1979. I think Mary's married name was Nichol.

Jeanie's husband, Robert died in Kilmarnock in 1957, aged 56. His death was registered by son Robert of 23, Keith Place, Kilmarnock.

But no trace of Jean since registering her mother's death in 1959.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 November 15 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

What address showed for Jeanie when she registered her mother's death in 1959?

Not sure where you are based (if in Scotland) and whether you are able to visit on the main genealogy centres? If so, I would, if you, check both children that you know of, Robert and Mary, and see what they said about their mother.

Similarly, you can also do personal searches at one of the main centres for births after 1929 using mother's maiden name (like you can in England & Wales from mid 1911). This would help in possibly finding other children for Robert and Jeanie. Pity you can't do this online though  :-\

You can search on SP currently for deaths post c. 1974 and include a maiden surname for the mother of the deceased. Only the deaths of children that you know of, Mary and Robert, show in this type of search.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 November 15 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Monica and thank you for your reply.

Jeanie's address was the same as her mother's, 47 Taylor Avenue, Kilmarnock which makes me think that she was visiting from somewhere other than Kilmarnock at the time, because her son was living in Kilmarnock when his father died in 1957.

Her mother was called Jane and you helped me enormously way back in March 2012 by finding information that I would never have found by myself. You also discovered that Taylor Avenue was no more.

I live in Blackpool and have been planning a mission to Ayrshire for some time to try and fill in some gaps. Maybe next spring!

Thanks again.

Best regards, John