Author Topic: Jeanie McCamon (Muir)  (Read 4697 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanie McCamon (Muir)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 November 15 19:00 GMT (UK) »
John, no idea why A/try have an index of a record that SP don't show on their site, given that SP are the 'front shop window' to all Scottish BMDs  :-\ Did it give another surname or just Jeanie McCamon?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 November 15 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Ah, I think that 2000 entry on a/try:

MS (not sure, is this supposed to be MRS?) Jeanie McCamon 76 (b.1924). Died on 8 June 2000 in Kilmarnock North Ayrshire.

Could tie up to this one on SP:

Jeanie MCCAMON. Other surnames include CLARKE  & STARK. Aged 76. Death registered in Dalry North Ayrshire ref. 664/00 0415

I saw this Jeanie earlier. The problem with SP is that you cannot tell from index which way round the surnames go. In this case, I think this might be the Jeanie Stark who married groom McCamon in Kilmarnock in 1946. Can't tell how the surname of Clarke also connects.

Monica

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 30 November 15 14:13 GMT (UK) »
I think that you are correct, Aunty Jean's daughter-in-law. One minute full of anticipation, the next back to (not quite) square one! Isn't this fun!

I don't know about you, but I seem to be able to find out lots about people on the periphery of the person I'm looking for, but not the actual person.

She's out there somewhere!

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 November 15 17:40 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Well she was out there somewhere...!

Would be good to confirm whether the Keohone (I have been searching for that as ke*h*n* to try to pick up variants) and McCamon is correct and that Jean was daughter to Robert and Jeanie.

For now I am thinking that the Keohones might have left Scotland for other shores and maybe Jeanie joined them after husband's Robert's death? Can't see any relevant deaths in England & Wales for the Keohones either so far.

Monica  :)

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 November 15 18:31 GMT (UK) »
I like your thinking about the possible overseas move, because the Keohones are proving just as elusive as Aunty Jean! I have found a birth in Kilmarnock of John Keohone in 1923 which is more likely than the one in 1897, his father perhaps.

Wouldn't it be spooky if the child that Looby mentions in an earlier post is a grandchild of the elusive Keohones!

I think I need to send for a marriage certificate to at least confirm the relationship to Aunty Jean.

John

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Monica,

I think I may have found further 'evidence' to support your theory of other shores. The birth of a female Keohone in 1949 which would correspond to the marriage date, but no further information on her at all.

I might be clutching at straws somewhat because there were 24 Keohones born in Ayrshire between 1921 and 2004, coincidentally one of them, in 1921, with the forenames Minnie Clarke as in Jeanie McCamon who died in 2000 with the previous surnames Stark and Clarke.

John

Offline jonacris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Further to my previous post, it seems to have been a family tradition with the Keohones, to give their children the mother's maiden name as a second forename.

John

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Ahh...not just the Keohones, but a lovely useful Scottish (Irish too?) tradition which along with first name Scottish naming pattern, helps enormously in sorting out clues and references  ;)

Monica

Added: Remember that the Jeanie McCamon who married John Keohone showed as Jean Muir McCamon when she married in 1948...which is what gives us hope she was their daughter.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:59 GMT (UK) »
 :o

Can we connect back to this???

KEOHONE, John (Jock)
KEOHONE, John (Jock)Passed away peacefully on 27th December, 2014. Aged 91 Years. Beloved Husband of Jean (deceased). Much loved Father of Jeanette, Joan and Minnie (deceased). Proud and loving Grandad of 15 Grandchildren (Vicky deceased). Great-grandad of 30 Children, Great-great- grandad of 10 Children. Will be truly missed. Relatives and Friends are respectfully invited to attend John's Funeral Service, which is appointed to be held in the Chapel of Metropolitan Funerals, corner Nind and Davenport Streets, Southport, on WEDNESDAY, 31st December, 2014, commencing at 11 a. m.
- See more at: http://tributes.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/notice/105732055