Author Topic: Robert Kelso  (Read 24212 times)

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Kelso
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 11 May 14 06:39 BST (UK) »
After much researching and cross checking death certificates these are the places, names and dates that are recorded for Robert and Matilda Kelso’s children, Joseph born 1856 Derry Ireland,  William Albert born 1861 Felhahonay, Londonderry, Ireland, Mary born 1864(misread original date) Rosepark ,Derry ,  Daniel Joseph, born 1866 Dublin Ireland , David born 1868  Londonderry Ireland.  John born 1864? Kilrea, He Is also listed as Robert and Matilda’s child (have not been able to find any information on or do not know if he come to Australia or died early), But after researching Matilda Graham’s death certificate Joseph is listed as William Joseph, also the name of his third son does this seem possible to have two Williams in the some family.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 11 May 14 07:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    I think that "Felhahoney" should read FALLAHOGY which is in the Parish of Kilrea.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 11 May 14 08:09 BST (UK) »
Yes i agree but i have just copied word for word from the certificates.

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 07 July 14 10:12 BST (UK) »
I know this is a long shot but Roberts grandson’s name was John Bunting Kelso, would it be possible that he’s second name come about from the marriage of someone in the family to a Bunting, I have been checking for marriages but have found none, but the 1831 census of Londonderry they show a few Bunting families, once again any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 06 February 15 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, after cross checking all certificates of Robert and Matilda's children they all say either Lislea and Fallahogy and in the Revaluation books has a Robert at 18b Fallahogy until 1871, as I cannot find any more information on them and son John, I now will try to find information from cemeteries would anyone have any suggestions from around that area where perhaps they may have been buried. I do not know their religion, other than their children in Australia were buried by Presbyterian and Church of England.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 07 February 15 11:00 GMT (UK) »
They will not be buried in a cemetery so the logical place to start is churchyards- first, their own church and then the local Parish Church (Church of Ireland) where many Presbyterians would also have been buried. Presbyterian Churches don't have burial registers (although a few ministers sometime did keep their own records) and sometimes the C. of I. register didn't include Presbyterian burials. So, if there are no gravestones it will be much more difficult to locate a final resting place.
Newspaper death notices sometimes mentioned funeral arrangements but the local newspapers are not online.

There are some Kilrea church records here (with errors) which might be the place for you to start online searching.
http://www.torrens.org.uk/Genealogy/BannValley/church/contents.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 June 16 18:47 BST (UK) »
 A Robert Kelso married a Sarah Bolton, d/o. Sloan Bolton (Tamlaght O’Crilly) & Mary Ann McIlwrath (Boveedy).   Robert & Sarah had a son, John, who went to NZ in the early 1900’s.
Regards - Dinny. 

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 12 June 16 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Dinny
Thanks for your help, I have researched this particular Robert and found he does not match. The closest I feel so far is the Robert that married Esther Boggs although I have not found any evidence to prove so. I also feel that Matildas parents were James Alexander Kelso and Margaret Dinsmore  just going on family names, but yet again have found no real proof.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 13 June 16 02:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.  Sorry I could not help.  All the best for your research.  Regards - Dinny.