Author Topic: Robert Kelso  (Read 24220 times)

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Kelso
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 28 August 16 16:44 BST (UK) »

Sarah Bolton,  d/o. Sloan Bolton & Mary Ann McIlrath of Tamlaght O’Crilly Co Derry , m. Dr Robert Kelso.   Maybe this is the Robert Kelso being sought.  Regards - Dinny.   

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 28 August 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
You've already mentioned that Robert Kelso but he's been discounted-
A Robert Kelso married a Sarah Bolton, d/o. Sloan Bolton (Tamlaght O’Crilly) & Mary Ann McIlwrath (Boveedy).   Robert & Sarah had a son, John, who went to NZ in the early 1900’s.
Regards - Dinny.

Hi Dinny
Thanks for your help, I have researched this particular Robert and found he does not match. The closest I feel so far is the Robert that married Esther Boggs although I have not found any evidence to prove so. I also feel that Matildas parents were James Alexander Kelso and Margaret Dinsmore  just going on family names, but yet again have found no real proof.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 04 September 16 08:45 BST (UK) »
I have found two more children of Robert and Matilda, Samuel who married Mary Anne Finlay and Alexander who married Ellen Redmond both moved to Scotland to live. On Alexanders wedding certificate (1873) it has Matilda listed as deceased, the last recorded birth was David (1866) I have checked all the Irish and Scottish death records from these time periods and have come up empty.  Any suggestions on where else I could research for her death notice. Also I’m almost certain I have found Roberts Death certificate listed as a labourer died at Drummoolish 26-06-1879 aged 60.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 04 September 16 11:37 BST (UK) »
I think you might be making this whole Kelso search more complicated than it needs to be.

I cannot find a death in Ireland for a Matilda Kelso between 1866 (birth of David) & 1873 (Alexander's marriage). However, this Robert Kelso you dismissed earlier-

Probate of the Will of Robert Kelso late of Old Row Kilrea County Londonderry Labourer who died 7 January 1911 at Drumlane granted at Londonderry to John Bloomfield Saddler and Alexander Adams Merchant.

1901 census he's listed with wife Sarah & 2 sons-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Tamlaght/Drumlane/1521304
which fits with marriage of Robert Kelso to Sarah Bolton also mentioned earlier (Robert Kelso 1873 to May Sarah). Three sons-
John born 9 April 1876
Robert born 7 July 1877
Thomas born 5 Oct.1887

1911 widow Mary Sarah Kelso with son Thomas B. Kelso-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Tamlaght/Drumlane/592346

I suspect that Robert Kelso might be a widower in 1873- the certificate will list marital status as well as Robert's residence and father's name & occupation.

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 05 September 16 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi aghadowey
The Robert that married Mary Sarah Bolton is listed as a bachelor ,Farmer and his father was John Kelso of Drumlane.

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 05 September 16 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi gjkelso - The lady who married Robert Kelso, farmer, to whom you refer was not named Mary Sarah - just simply Sarah, the sister of my great grandmother and daughter of Sloan Bolton & Mary Ann McIlrath.  Regards - Dinny.   

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 05 September 16 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Dinny
I was just going of marriage certificate, she was listed as Mary Sarah and also signed as Mary Sarah ,father listed as Sloan Bolton

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline gjkelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 23 June 17 01:38 BST (UK) »
 Looking at Townland maps i see a place called the The Parks in Fallahogy perhaps this may be the place that was mentioned as Rosepark on Marys certificate, does any one have any information on this site.