Author Topic: George Rae and Christina Tweedie/Tweedy  (Read 9062 times)

Offline Nozza66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Rae and Christina Tweedie/Tweedy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 August 13 12:30 BST (UK) »
sorry ev  :(
thanks
Nozza66

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 August 13 13:03 BST (UK) »
Heads , Winston and Roberton , Lanarkshire(all born Lanarkshire)
George Rae 21 farmer
Agnes Rae 65
Helen Rae 13
Marion Spence 2

1841 Census transcription(http://www.freecen.org.uk/)

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi all just searching for a while for info on George Rae born abt 1840 think in Linlithgow as that what it says on passenger list to South

Hi Nozza, sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday. I can't help much with George, other than he was born about 1819. As the passenger list says he was an ag lab from Linlithgow but that probably means he was living there and not born there. I know he died in Clare, South Australia March 31 1877.

Christina I can help with, she was the 8th child of David Tweedie and Mary Orr and was born in Whitburn 16 September 1817. She married George on 24 August 1844 in West Calder, not too far away from Linlithgow. Her father David was the elder brother of my 3xG grandfather Robert Tweedie and both were sons of Robert Tweedie and Margaret Somerville. He was the second of their children to be named David, the first having died in infancy.

This is the gravestone in Carnwarth of Christina's parents. It was erected by her brother Robert, their eldest child and also bears inscriptions to Robert's wife and Christina's grandfather (my 4xG grandfather). Feel free to PM me for any info on the Tweedie connection.

SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline SSlh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 November 15 04:20 GMT (UK) »
I too am a Rae/ Tweedy descendant. My great grandfather was Thomas Rae who married Mary Susan Nance. Thomas was a child on their voyage to Australia on the Medina.
I do have the information on the Tweedies but have had trouble tracing George Rae's family back before his birth date of 10/13/1821 at Whitburn and his marriage to Christina Tweedie on the 24/08/1844 at West Calder, Midlothian.   

Offline SSlh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 November 15 04:22 GMT (UK) »
Sorry that birth date for George Rae should have read 03/03/1821.

Offline LynHotchin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 August 19 11:15 BST (UK) »
Seoras, I would very much like to contact you regarding the Rae and Tweedie families. Could you please let me know if you receive this message as the previous ones were posted quite a long time ago.
Many thanks!

Offline Nozza66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 August 19 00:36 BST (UK) »
Hello
 so sorry i have not been on for sometime as recovering from a stroke so i have put everything on hold to get better a re learn things that i had done .
any info you might would be great
many thanks
noeleen

Offline ChelleOZ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 July 20 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hi. Hoping someone has any info to share on George Rae/Christina Tweedy or Tweedie. Having trouble getting info on his father's name or mother's name. Cheers

Offline karoy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 October 20 02:50 GMT (UK) »
We have Rae's from Linlithgow. I am looking for the Birthplace of my James Rae bn 1779. He married Mary Ann Burgh/Bugg and had my line Thomas Rae who came to Australia. James Rae Esq was the Sheriff Substitute of Linlithgowshire. George maybe his brother and would love any connections to these people. :) thank you.

What is interesting in 1803 James Rae was a writer Tolbooth Church Edinburgh Parish. George and James have to be connected.

https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/69881/rev-dr-william-king-tweedie-1803-1863-tolbooth-church-edinburgh-free-church-minister