Author Topic: Campbell Bruce Gunn Elder Sinclair in Sutherland, Scotland  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Sldesormeaux

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Campbell Bruce Gunn Elder Sinclair in Sutherland, Scotland
« on: Sunday 25 August 13 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone!

I am trying to find information on George Campbell born 1786 in Sutherland County and his wife, Janet Bruce, born May 14 1781 in Golspie, Sutherland.  Janet Bruce married George 'Sheorais' Campbell (b. 1786 in Sutherland) in Dornoch on Feb 28 1806.

Janet's parents (I believe) are William Bruce born May 10 1752 in Wick, Caithness and Isabell Gunn born 1765 in Caithness.

William Bruce's parents (I believe) are Alexander Bruce born 1725 in Caithness and Margaret Sinclair born August 8 1730 in Caithness, as well.

Isabell Gunn's parents (I think) are Robert Gunn and Isabella Elder both born in 1730 in Sutherland (I think).

I would greatly appreciate any information which would confirm the above and or any supplemental information.

Thank you and regards.

Regards,
Suzanne Desormeaux
Quebec, Canada

Online djct59

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell Bruce Gunn Elder Sinclair in Sutherland, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 August 13 23:02 BST (UK) »
Did George and Janet emigrate? They're not listed in the cemetery records for Dornoch or Golspie.

There's a George Campbell on the militia list for 1809 and in the 1811 census as working in agriculture at Morvich, with three males and one female in his household, but after that there's not much trace.

Offline searchinganswers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell Bruce Gunn Elder Sinclair in Sutherland, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 December 13 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone!

I am trying to find information on George Campbell born 1786 in Sutherland County and his wife, Janet Bruce, born May 14 1781 in Golspie, Sutherland.  Janet Bruce married George 'Sheorais' Campbell (b. 1786 in Sutherland) in Dornoch on Feb 28 1806.

Janet's parents (I believe) are William Bruce born May 10 1752 in Wick, Caithness and Isabell Gunn born 1765 in Caithness.

William Bruce's parents (I believe) are Alexander Bruce born 1725 in Caithness and Margaret Sinclair born August 8 1730 in Caithness, as well.

Isabell Gunn's parents (I think) are Robert Gunn and Isabella Elder both born in 1730 in Sutherland (I think).

I would greatly appreciate any information which would confirm the above and or any supplemental information.

Thank you and regards.

Regards,
Suzanne Desormeaux
Quebec, Canada

I will try to look for this as Robert Gunn and Isabella Elder are 4th great grandparents of mine.
If you wish to keep in contact re this family my email address is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php