Author Topic: McAiney and Variations  (Read 4046 times)

Offline PrestonMc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McAiney and Variations
« on: Thursday 29 August 13 00:17 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any Irish info on the name variations I have for the person below living in Preston England but being born in 1839 in Dundalk please?
All my UK Census info just says Ireland apart from 1881, which mentions Dundalk.
There is another McAiney (Peter) born Louth, who lived in the same Street in Preston later on but with his own family showing he is 5 years older than Patrick so they may be Brothers?
Peter had the name McAiney right through the Census from 1871 onwards.

Really stuck on the name and the date Patrick moved to England so any info would be welcome.
Thanks

Patrick McKNEANY     age 22   1861 UK census b Ireland (FindMyPast website has McAneany)
Patrick McINEANY     age 32    1871 UK census b Ireland
Patrick McANEANY    age 42     1881 UK census b Ireland DUNDALK
Patrick McAINEY       age 51     1891 UK census b Ireland
Patrick McAINEY       age 62     1901 UK census b Ireland

Offline PrestonMc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McAiney and Variations
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Been a while but a bit more information has come to light re my search for a Patrick McAiney (name varies).

Records after his death state he was born in Dundrile, County Louth(not the Death certificate but where he died), I have census records saying born in Dundalk County Louth and cannot find anything about Dundrile, does it exist?.

His date of Birth is stated as 1840 and married Elizabeth Duffy, Father is also Patrick and married a Rose Conly.

Just wondered two things, does Dundrile exist and if not where would be the best place to look to try and find his Fathers marriage to Rose in Dundalk hopefully?.

Thanks for any help.