Author Topic: Mitochondrial haplotype U2, subclade U2e1e  (Read 1756 times)

Offline ahayes

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mitochondrial haplotype U2, subclade U2e1e
« on: Friday 30 August 13 12:44 BST (UK) »
I have just been allocated to this haplotype. Unfortunately the U2 group administrators at Family tree DNA do not seem to be answering their emails. Can anybody recommend any good resources that explore the significance of this sub-clade?

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mitochondrial haplotype U2, subclade U2e1e
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 August 13 18:25 BST (UK) »
It's actually quite difficult to find reliable resources on the different haplogroups. I believe U2 is quite rare. Here are two pages that might help:

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml#mtDNA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_U
Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 August 13 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Welcome  to Rootschat.

Funny enough I have just been reading about U2 MTdna AND  it was on a post on
Rootschat.  Seemingly, a family in Leeds called the Crowthers have that for their
females   Cant remember all of the title of the post but they have been on talking
about their name for nearly 2 years now.  Crowthers of Stainbeck St, Leeds or something like that.
Try having a search for them you should be able to find them from all of that.
I have just done my mtDNA and mine is H1.  What I liked about that was finding out
I was from the 4th daughter of Eve and her name was Helena.  Very interesting  :D

Hope you find your information.  I found out about my H1 on g o o g l e

regards Sandymc 
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 August 13 21:02 BST (UK) »
There is a forum on ftdna have you thought of joining that
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.