Author Topic: Alexander Brown, Ironmoulder  (Read 24315 times)

Offline Kipper5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Brown, Ironmoulder
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alex Hampton,

I haven't been on this for a long time. How is it going? Any joy with the roots of your gt grandmother, Mary Brown-Wylie?

And A Brown,

Any joy with finding the mysterious Robert Hamilton Browne?

I'm still trying to find the parents of gg grandfather, Alexander Brown. I know from his grave that they are John and Mary Brown from Ayrshire. No luck with a birth record. There are possible Scottish census records of them in 1841 and 1851 in Newton on Ayr.  And from 1871 on there are records of Mary Brown as a widow living in Troon, where she died in 1877.
There are just no records for 1860's. So I was wondering if John and Mary went with son Alexander + his family to Derry in 1850's, where maybe John died.. I think he was born in 1786 in Ayr and was a Seaman.

Regards.

Offline Kipper5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 09 March 15 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alex Hampton,

How is it going with the family tree?

Offline A brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 13 March 15 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if this helps, but it shows another connection between the browns and wylies. My g.grandfather (the elusive robert Hamilton brown) lists on his WW1 soldier's record in 1915 as his address being 10 Walton Villas in liverpool. Which is where Alex's grandparents lived? Don't know why he didn't sign up in Derry.

Offline Kipper5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert Hamilton Brown
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 12 January 17 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello A Brown,

Do you happen to have details of Robert H Brown's soldier's record?? If we had a reference of some kind we could see what he did in WW1.
You previously said that you knew that his record stated that he was in Walton Villas in Liverpool in 1915. As he was born in 1858 he would have been 57 in 1915..

Thanks,
Kipper.