Author Topic: Lluesty Hospital, Holywell (Workhouse)  (Read 5496 times)

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lluesty Hospital, Holywell (Workhouse)
« on: Wednesday 04 September 13 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help...I have a lot of family that lived in Greenfield and they all lived roundabout gas row etc...the person I am most interested in in Charles Edwards as he apparently died at Lluesty Hospital and i was wondering if someone could have a look in Flint's BMD office in Hawarden for a bit more info on him for me....especially his death or medical record from the hospital.

He was born 2 Jan 1884, I have so far managed to find him in the 1901 census as a 17yr old living with his parents, and he died on 30 Dec 1965 at the age of 81, but I have no other census records or a cause of death or anything related to this individual...

Email address removed by Moderator
OSSOP, HOPE, GEGGIE, PEARCE, PIERCE, PIEARCE, DABRY, PLUSE, EDAWRDS, TUDUR/TUDOR, VAUGHAN, YEOMANS, LOGAN

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lluesty Hospital, Holywell (Workhouse)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 11:54 BST (UK) »
Do you have any info on his father William Edwards?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 11:57 BST (UK) »
His father William was born 1847, married a Mary Jane Jones in Mar 1875 and died the 4 Feb 1919, his COD was Exhaustion and Carcinoma Of The Liver.

Any other info needed?
OSSOP, HOPE, GEGGIE, PEARCE, PIERCE, PIEARCE, DABRY, PLUSE, EDAWRDS, TUDUR/TUDOR, VAUGHAN, YEOMANS, LOGAN

Offline tina morana

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 12:43 BST (UK) »
If you Google there is so much info about the Hospital.

Tinam  :)
Cornthwaite, Morana, Pearce, Gaffney, Hazlehurst, Milburn
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
or  "All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 12:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks,I have seen details of William now on your probable Tree on Ancestry.I can see no obvious connection to my Edwards family in the area which start with a Robert Edwards marrying my relative Jane Evans at Holywell in 1798.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 13:51 BST (UK) »

He was born 2 Jan 1884, I have so far managed to find him in the 1901 census as a 17yr old living with his parents, and he died on 30 Dec 1965 at the age of 81, but I have no other census records or a cause of death or anything related to this individual...

Hi

You'd have to get a copy of his death certificate to find the cause of death. Also, hospital records would be confidential, so neither of these would be at Hawarden. There might be an obituary in a local newspaper and a burial record.

GRO Death ref:

Charles Edwards, aged 81
Dec q, 1965, Holywell,  8a 506

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 14:16 BST (UK) »
thanks gadget but I already have his death ref for a certificate, all I was trying to find out was WHY he was admitted. He's been dead for over 40 years so I was just hoping that his records would be available to view at the record office.

I will have to pay a visit there one day when I home but it will be bittersweet for me as that is where my Taid used to go at LEAST two or three times a week to do his family tree before he died.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I don't think you can access his medical records - Have a read of this:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/access-to-medical-or-health-records-of-someone-who-has-died.aspx

If you only have the reference to the death cert, you (or anyone else)  can only see what it says for cause of death if you buy the certificate from the GRO:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Or local office - but you have to buy it either way.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 16:37 BST (UK) »
hi gadget...

after speaking to my uncle re: edwards family and in particular Lluesty Hospital....he had ordered the death certificate almost 10 years ago so I now have a copy of his death and causes.

But I will write to the Ablett unit and request his medical record.

Ceri x